- 1 Becoming A Member
- 2 What comes with your membership
- 3 Membership rates
- 4 How to pay dues
Becoming A Member
To become a member, you must meet up with us in person so that we can give you a key. The best time to come by is during a Wednesday Open House, between 7pm and 9pm. If that doesn't work for you for whatever reason, send an email to email@example.com, and we'll try to work out another time. Please do remember that Twin Cities Maker is run entirely by volunteers, so give us a few days to answer your email!
You can download the membership forms and fill them out prior to coming in. We need both the membership form filled out, and the liability waiver signed. Download the forms here: 2016 Member Forms
What comes with your membership
- 24 hour a day, 7 days a week access to the Hack Factory (possibly excluding some events, though this is very rare)
- Discounts on classes and events (where available)
- Discounts at some local businesses
- A vote at Members' Annual Meeting and Special Meetings
Our standard membership rate is $55 per month. When you first sign up, there is also a $20 new member fee, so that first month is $75.
We offer a student/senior membership for $30 per month. Again, there is a $20 new member fee, so the first month's payment is $50. This membership requires proof of either being retirement age (67), or of being a full-time student in the past year. For students, more info is on the Scholarship Policies and Procedures page.
Discounts for long-term purchases
We offer discounts for buying in bulk.
- 6 month membership: $275 (one free month)
- Yearly membership: $550 (two free months)
Members on the standard, 6 month, and yearly memberships can add one family member at no extra charge. Our definition of "family" is two people living at the same address. The family member will get their own key to the facility, but both members share a single vote at any member meetings.
To add a family member to your membership, they must also fill out the new member paperwork. In the "Attach my membership to (name):" field on the new member form, fill in the primary member's name.
Please note that student/senior membershps are not eligible for a family membership.
Changing your membership type
Through the online membership system, you can change your membership type between standard, 6-month, and yearly at any time.
How to pay dues
Preferred method: pay through the membership system
You'll get an email two weeks before your membership expires, with a link to pay your dues online. Please use this link! Payments made through the membership system get posted automatically to your membership. You can pay with Visa, Mastercard, Discover, Amex, or PayPal. The membership system never stores your credit card information.
Automatic monthly payments
Through the membership system, you can set up automatic monthly payments. You'll get an email a week before the payment is taken out, with a link to the membership system so you can change or cancel your payment.
Other methods of payment
- If the email link isn't working for you, you can pay through the PayPal donation link. Payments made in this manner need to be manually posted to the membership system, so please only use this as a mostly last resort (and please let firstname.lastname@example.org know if you do, so we can troubleshoot).
- You can pay in person at a Wednesday night Open House.
- You can place a check in an envelope, and drop it into the donation box in the lobby. Please let email@example.com know if you do this, so that we can get your payment posted.
- You can snail-mail a payment to:
- Twin Cities Maker
- PO Box 2118
- Maple Grove, MN 55311
- Twin Cities Maker