Note: we are running replicatorG from a Linux environment so these directions are specific to that.
The bot is set up by editing the right machine file for replicatorg. In this instance we used replicatorg-2. First make a backup of the file. Navigate to replicatorg-28/machines/\
We used the cupcake file to edit. so run “vi cupcake.xml” This will bring up the file in vi. Navigate to the electronics that you used. In this case we used “Cupcake w/ Gen4 electronics and ABP”\
To start we used a safe realm of 10 steps per mm. Note this is not based of the motor but the actual movement. So put the cursor over the line you want to change and press insert. This will let you edit the file. After you get done with all the changes press esc to get out of edit mode. To save press ctrl and : Type “save <filename>” Then type “quit”. If for whatever reason you want to exit without saving it is “quit!”
Fire up replicatorg-28. Connect to the machine. In our instance the machine is Cupcake w/ Gen4 electronics and ABP and the com is a usb. It helps to select the machine first. Go into the control panel and move it. We moved it in 10mm increments. This moves the motors 100 steps(10 steps per mm x 10mm) Next measure the line with a caliper. You might get something like 7mm. So take 100steps and divide it by 7m. It came out to 14.2857… Go back and change your file, and remeasure it. Should be 10mm. :)