We know how it is.. That old computer sitting around gathering dust, or that printer from 4 years ago that you haven't used in 3! Your thinking, wow, I'll bet those cool people at the Hack Factory would love to have this cool stuff. Well, not necessarily!
Please, please, please, read the following before bringing ANYTHING over to the Hack Factory. Its hard enough to properly dispose of e-waste for yourself, let alone the e-waste generated when everyone brings there unwanted junk and drops it off at our space. It creates a huge space and disposal issue for us, which in the long run, end up costing us money to dispose of it properly.
Talk with the proper area managers, or the Shop Manager, before bringing ANY of the following to the Hack Factory:
- CRT monitors of any kind. Honestly, you do want them, nether do we. Its to hard to get rid of them
- Any computer less than P4 2.6 GHz.
- Printers of any kind.
- Large items - If it requires a truck to get it here, you should talk with the shop manager first!
- If the item is likely to have high operational costs.
- Broken tools - if its broke, talk to the shop manager first. It will likely depend on repair costs.
- Networking equipment - We don't need your old wireless router or 10 meg hub/switch.
- Old consumer electronic items.
- Anything you think is crap. Really, if you think its crap, it is likely we will too.
Just be smart about anything else. If for instance you want to bring NEW drill bits or a new saw blade, sure we want that. If you have 100 P4 3 GHz computers, we don't want all 100, but maybe 10. Just think. Also, please make sure ANYTHING you bring in comes to the PROPER shop manager first so they can be properly inventoried. Please, dont just bring things into the hack factory and leave them sitting on a table, or in some random space you think is a good location. Speak witht the shop manager first!
Contact information for all the area manager and the shop manager is available Here