Maker Faire San Matteo trip

Social get-togethers, business meetings, outings and scoutings
uptownmaker

Maker Faire San Matteo trip

Postby uptownmaker » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:06 pm

Anyone interested in going?

I'm looking for someone (at least one person) to split a room with. I'm planning to fly out Friday evening (whenever I can get a flight that's cheap on the Skymiles) and back on Monday morning (ditto). I don't really expect to coordinate travel plans- just meet up out there and share a room. Partial sharing is okay- you don't have to be there all three nights.

The "official" hotel- the Crowne Plaza Foster City- is only about 3 miles away from the site of the faire. I have a room reserved for Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights- two double beds, for $101 a night. I'll happily split with up to three others for any night. The hotel has a shuttle from SFO. I'm not planning to rent a car- I'll probably just walk or take the shuttle (if there is one).

Faire tickets are $30 for a weekend pass.

So, who's down?

jwb

Re: Maker Faire San Matteo trip

Postby jwb » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:26 pm

Unless I'm profoundly wrong, I think the San Mateo Mariott is closer:

http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=37.5424, ... t=api_logo

I'm taking a late flight on Friday night and flying home early afternoon Sunday. Wish I could stay the entire time, but I have to be at work early Monday.
///////// John B

paulsobczak
Site Admin

Postby paulsobczak » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:01 pm

I am in.

uptownmaker

Postby uptownmaker » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:15 pm

jwb, you may be right, but the Crowne Plaza is the "official" hotel, and they will have (I think) shuttle buses to the show. And, they have a special rate- although other places may be cheaper.

Paul- that is awesome. I have you down. I have another tentative which leaves room for one more person...

paulsobczak
Site Admin

Postby paulsobczak » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:00 pm

I am willing to sleep on the floor that is no problem. So we can squeeze another in if you want.

-Paul

wammie
Site Admin

Postby wammie » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:22 pm

'Twould be good to have posted the date, but I looked it up. Possibly interested as well. May 21 and 22.

adamwolf

Postby adamwolf » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:18 pm

I don't think I'm in for this--I'm flying in Thursday so I can do setup on Friday morning. If you have a chance, do the Crowne Plaza instead of the Marriott. Ignoring all the times I've been inconvenienced at a Mariott, the Crowne has frequent shuttles to Maker Faire, and you'll see famous-to-us people walking around, and the attached restaurant has pretty good sushi actually.

Adam Wolf

uptownmaker

Postby uptownmaker » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:41 am

adamwolf wrote:I don't think I'm in for this--I'm flying in Thursday so I can do setup on Friday morning. If you have a chance, do the Crowne Plaza instead of the Marriott. Ignoring all the times I've been inconvenienced at a Mariott, the Crowne has frequent shuttles to Maker Faire, and you'll see famous-to-us people walking around, and the attached restaurant has pretty good sushi actually.

Adam Wolf

No reason you can't split a room with us for Fri Sat and Sun nights- that'd cut your out of pocket down by 50%.

Will Layne be there? I'd like to meet him.

orion
Site Admin

Postby orion » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:21 am

Interested have to sort some things.

uptownmaker

Postby uptownmaker » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:55 am

Okay, I am (tentatively) full, but if that changes I'll post.

I hope to know better later this week.

Return to “Meetups”