blog pics

Questions, issues, and answers about our website
Orkraider

Re: blog pics

Postby Orkraider » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:32 pm

If we put the code back the way it was, I, for one, will happily put the <more> thingy into my posts.
Riley Harrison
facebook.com/rileyharrison

pyrodogg
Site Admin

Postby pyrodogg » Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:52 pm

From an earlier post in this thread it appeared to me that Orion changed the code. Since it hasn't been fixed already I've changed it back to what I believe to be the correct state.

Booka wrote:So from what you stated, and I am restating it so I am positive, this was a training issue, not a setting on the blog configuration?

So I think we need a blog posting guide or tutorial. Nothing fancy, just a here is what to put where, insert pics, etc.

Do we have anything yet? If not, I could do a basic one, if I could find a couple folks to "edit" it once I have done the first rough.

I put up a couple of very basic screencasts a few weeks ago but they didn't cover the "more" tag feature at all. A more thorough guide might be useful to people.

EDIT: In addition, with the use of the "more" tag, blog authors are going to have to get used to writing a more interesting "above the fold" section. That is, the part that still appears on the front page. It shouldn't be too awkward out there on it's own and it should draw the reader into opening up the post to read the rest of it.

Chopping posts at random can leave things looking a bit off or with no lure to continue reading.

pyrodogg
Site Admin

Postby pyrodogg » Sat Jan 01, 2011 10:19 pm

Editing collision, blech.

Orkraider, I was downsizing some of your photos. Try to keep them under 500px max width or they don't fit.

Return to “Website Q and A”