Site Logo

It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Donations help Monday!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:43 pm 

google overlords say 16 min from you to fac, lets call it 20, i'll pick you up at 855 to be on the safe side.

will pm you my phone in a minute for emergency coordination.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:51 pm 
Global Moderator

I will head down to the HF after my appointment on Monday, but there is a chance that I will not get out until 10:30, so if that is the case I will change up and meet Pete at the Auction House and head to the HF after.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:50 pm 

9:15 at the factory to unload! we could use another body or two yet!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:38 am 

I wasn't planning on coming out til after noon but I'll see what I can do.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:20 pm 
Global Moderator

Just a quick note of thanks to everybody who helped today, we now have more wood than we can use, and will need to sort through that.

Also thanks to Pete for purchasing he Stairs, Rack and cabinet... He is taking donations to off-set the cost, but he has purchased and worked to get them set up today.

Also Bil found us the wood, and while it is a bit overwhelming now, we can sort it down to what we need later.

Thanks again everybody for your help.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:11 pm 

i'll second that. it was a long day, but we've got a lot of great materials, albeit a bit more than i suspect we can realistically use of some bits, i'm sure we'll find a use.

booka, are you available on the morrow (tues) to help me get a table from SE to the factory? i'm not certain the phone i have for you is correct. afternoon would be ideal. i need to pick it up tues-thurs this week if another day is better.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:21 pm 

I am for sure coming to the shop tomorrow, and if you guys need another pair of hands, let me know.

I feel really bad that I wasn't able to make it this morning.

Let me know when you guys will be doing this, and if you can use my help, and I'll get there.

Thanks for all the effort y'all put in today, I can't wait to see the wood and stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:21 pm 
Global Moderator

I do plan on heading down to the HF later in the morning to unload the wood I still have in the truck, and I will make the truck available, but my back may not be up to the task at hand...

I am feeling good now, but a couple beers and some med's are responsible for that. Worst case I send you and Oak off to get it, but that works for me.
I do need to run that other cart back sometime during the day, and in theory there is a TC Asterisk User Group meeting planned at 6:30, but no clear word on that yet.

We can make it happen, and I will send you my G-voice account, it rings home and my Cell (When I have it on) so you have the right number.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:31 pm 

Booka wrote:
Also Bil found us the wood, and while it is a bit overwhelming now, we can sort it down to what we need later.

I would like to amplify Brad's comments.
Bil kicked major ass, finding donors, borrowing a truck, and even convincing HD to kick in for the gas. Not to mention the social engineering involved in getting the fork lift operators to overcome some obstacles to keep the material coming.

Bil, thank you for thinking of the HF, lining up all the material and transportation logistics, and then taking the whole day off to be the delivery man.

Brad, was also very gracious, as always in offering to pick up auction items and helping to move things around town.

Thanks also to everyone who schlepped the materials, moved tools, and basically played a giant shell game with the contents of the HF to get everything in, keep the trucks moving, and organizing all this new loot.

If you haven't seen the HF in the last two days, you haven't seen the HF. I had to leave early, I'm very curious how it all turned out. (and get in and return things to their proper working order) I think almost everything moved, many items more than once. I'm thinking it's time for a new virtual tour movie.

Oh, on the drawer sides, I think a bunch of these would be great for the LED window box lights / game / sign board.

Pete

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:41 am 

I'm at the space now, and holy cow, what a lot of stock!

I'm looking around at all the stuff that came in, and I'm seeing project after project swarming around in my head.

I'm going to be here for a while, and I'm willing to load or unload whatever, and if someone else is driving, I'll happily ride along to pick whatever up and bring it back.

If my help will be useful, shoot me a pm on here so that I don't miss it.

thanks!