Site Logo

It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Donations help Monday!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:31 am 

hey folks,

bill has someone donating a BUNCH of mdf and drawer sides to us (useful for work benches, shelving, sacrificial beds, etc etc) and has lined up a truck for monday to pick it up. it's going to take several loads, but because each sheet of mdf is well over 100 pounds we're going to need at least 3-4 bodies to unload it at the factory. we're looking at business hours kinda time slots, is anyone else available? i can be there for most of the morning, but we'd need a minimum of 2 more. a second truck wouldn't hurt either.

lets coordinate here through sunday evening. i'll post there in a moment.

also i have a massive digital drafting table i need picked up next week to drop off, but that will have to be tues-thursday pickup, and just needs a pickup truck.

Post subject: Re: Donations help Monday!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:12 pm 

I can probably be out here, but will be working on HW/studying primarily and can help unload when the loads arrive.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:26 pm 

ok, we've got 3, could still use at least one if not 2-3 more bodies, these things aren't gonna be light.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:49 am 

I lost the post that had the time people were going to be at the space monday morning.

I very much want to help, but I would have to fit it in before heading to work; I might only be able to help if someone were able to give me a ride from downtown saint paul to the space.

On the plus side, me strong like arthritic ox!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:08 am 

haven't set a time yet, but i can only work until about 11-1130, so 8 or 9 would not be absurd. it depends on when bill can start picking the stuff up.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:28 pm 

Orkraider wrote:
I very much want to help, but I would have to fit it in before heading to work; I might only be able to help if someone were able to give me a ride from downtown saint paul to the space.

On the plus side, me strong like arthritic ox!

I think I can help with the ride, live near downtown and will be heading either to the HF or could drop you off there, depending on the time, anyone heard from Bil?

I just left him a voice-mail, trying to find out what time he has the truck lined up for.

Also Brad and I and anyone who'd like to help, one more would be good. Will be picking up the pallet racking, stairs and storage cabinet I bought from a recent auction. We need to be in NE Minneapolis at 11:15, I can pick up anyone willing / and able to help from the HF or ? prior to that if that helps anyone's ability to help.

Pete

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:48 pm 

metis wrote:
haven't set a time yet, but i can only work until about 11-1130, so 8 or 9 would not be absurd. it depends on when bill can start picking the stuff up.

So the answer to that question is at 9:00 AM pickup starts in Bloomington, so 9:15 to be safe at the HF, as we don't want to hold Bil up as he needs to make 4 or more runs. Pallet Jacks would be very helpful, required I'd say, can anyone bring one? Bil will try but it will likely not fit in the truck with a load of MDF. If you're thinking "we don't need no stinking pallet jacks", consider that each sheet weighs 225 lbs.

I can be there about 9:30 or 10 but need to leave for my pick up of auction stuff, which is at 11:15. Some of what I'm bringing may help with storing the pallets of other stuff. The pallet racking I won is 28" deep. So lets think about placement of the pallet racks as we plan the MDF move.

I don't think a second truck would help unless it's a flat bed. All loading is with a forklift.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:52 pm 

i'm thinking we want to put the mdf on the floor and not burn vertical space with it. john and i talked today and have a plan for location of it.

oak, i can pick you up if you can help monday with us arriving at the fac about 915. may not be able to cart you elsewhere depending on when you need to be there and where it is.

barry has a pallet jack in the back area that he *might* let us borrow, but let's not count on it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:30 pm 

metis wrote:
i'm thinking we want to put the mdf on the floor and not burn vertical space with it. john and i talked today and have a plan for location of it.

Yep, I think we have no other choice for the MDF, I was suggesting for the few pallets of other stuff, drawer sides etc. Think about where the pallet rack should go also, dimensions are in a previous post I believe. I was thinking all the power tools could live on the pallet racking. There's a nice rolling ladder coming too for easy storage and retrieval.

Pete

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:46 am 

I can indeed help on Monday.

Just let me know what time I'll need to be ready to go from downtown saint paul in order for us to get to the space by your target time.

This is where I am:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=10+ ... 6&t=h&z=16