Meet Up Schedule

Social get-togethers, business meetings, outings and scoutings
noise
Global Moderator

Meet Up Schedule

Postby noise » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:15 am

What are the dates of coming meet ups? I'm trying to update my calendar, it looks like the 24th is the next one scheduled.

Then there is March 4th and perhaps 1st and 3rd Wednesdays going ahead.
Make it happen.

metis

Re: Meet Up Schedule

Postby metis » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:36 am

well, the plan was *every* wednesday, but we dont' have the back room this week, do folks still want to do that? i think we should, maybe do alternatings as more informal, and room nights as show and tell things?

Theo

Postby Theo » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:58 am

Sure! I'll be there; the social meetups are fun even if we can't hear each other too well. And Common Roots is a nice place; can't wait till it's warm enough to sit out on the patio under the lights.
Let's see, what to bring along this time?...

noise
Global Moderator

Postby noise » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:01 pm

I do have a new toy to play with this week, but I have another hobby related meeting on Tuesday, not sure if I can swing both.

Maybe meeting time should be put towards the shanty this week if we are going to do that (since the best storage option so far involves cleaning metis' garage).
Make it happen.

metis

Postby metis » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:04 pm

it's not so much cleaning, as it is moving crap around.

i.e. some tools can go in cabinets, ac units over by teh gardenign stuff cat parts off to the side, bags of plaster in a row next to teh curby, beer bottles on shelves, that kinda stuff.

i moved a lot of storage sorta things in one evening, and they got more piled than organized.

do we have transportation options other than roof rack yet? surely one of us must own a pickup.

idris_arslanian

Postby idris_arslanian » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:10 pm

Not me, I've just got a two door Honda Civic... I bought it and a month later found out I was gonna be a daddy. You know how much of a pain it is to get a kid's seat in and out of that thing?

noise
Global Moderator

Postby noise » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:16 pm

metis wrote:do we have transportation options other than roof rack yet? surely one of us must own a pickup.

The back seats fold flat in my van and the middle row is removable, so I can fit a fair amount, more than a roof rack anyway.

But a pickup would be good.

A trailer would work too, I have a hitch.
Make it happen.

metis

Postby metis » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:25 pm

i'm *supposed* to have a trailer.... in theory it came with the house, but it disappeared along with the bevel glass windows shortly before closing.

grr...

ok so we seem to have transportation, i've got a few ratchet straps, i'm sure someone has more, and rope, when are we going to try to do this?

i'm busy tues, and possibly fri eves, and probably sat am (depending on others pending schedules)

it has to be gone end of day sunday correct?

metis

Postby metis » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:39 pm

lets move this over into the http://www.twincitiesmaker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=98 thread and assume that this project will be this weeks meet-up.

next week? back to common roots in the main area?

Return to “Meetups”