Site Logo

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Bulk buys
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:31 pm 

I'm doing a few REALLY big bulk buys in the next day or two (Jameco, Digikey, MPJA, and Allied).

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... 5Umc&hl=en

That's pretty much what I'm buying, but times twenty. I already have a couple of folks down for things but I'll throw it open some more to others.

Key elements to note- the resistors I'm buying are cut-tape and 1c a piece. Also, the breadboards, in the quantity I'm buying, are $3.95 each; this is for the "standard" 840 tie point jobs, not the half-size ones you see so often these days.

The batteries are a pretty good deal at $1.65 each, although of slightly lesser quality than you might get at the store. They are alkaline, though.

I'm actually ordering 5k pots.

You can never have too many 100nF caps.

The TLC2272 is a great op-amp and a real steal in the quantity I'm ordering at 89c each. If you only buy one op-amp this year, etc etc.

Post subject: Re: Bulk buys
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:45 pm 

Could you put me down for 1x breadboard, 1x555, 3x tlc2272, and 1x resistor kit? If that's too much hassle I'll just get the breadboard if possible.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:02 pm 
Site Admin

Mike,

I'd like to order some variation of the kit you've shown on the spreadsheet and a few other parts, but I don't want to cause too much hassle for you. I definitely want the basic kit minus the case, 2x of the proto boards, 2x of the resistor and wire pieces, and 6x of the TLC2272. I'd probably like a lot more LEDs, if you can tell me the type and cost of the ones you're ordering.

The other main items I'd like would be 4x solar cells that would be appropriate for photovore beam robots, 4x general use phototransistors, and some tri-color LEDs if you can get a good price.

I'd be happy with the above, but if I could go even beyond this and it wouldn't cause you too much grief, let me know.

Thanks!

[EDIT: First paragraph is good if you don't have time for anything else, but I'd like 20x of the red, green, and blue LEDs. I might research solar cells and get part #s to you as well.]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:35 am 
Global Moderator

I'm mega scattered right now, if it's not too late can you just get me 3 of the breadboards? Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:56 am 

Orders placed.

Wammie, I missed your request for LEDs before I submitted the Jameco order. I can sell you some out of my private stash, though. I also did not get any solar cells, because they're just too difficult to buy without an end-use in mind. I did, however, score 10 four-pin RGB LEDs- I want to keep a couple but I'll gladly sell you some, too. I hope common anode is okay- that will make switching with a saturated NPN easier.

Noise, I put your breadboards on, but only just barely noticed before placing that order.

Everyone else, I got your stuff with no problem.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:08 am 
Global Moderator

Thanks man, sorry about the procrastination.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:15 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks Mike!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:52 pm 

Thanks, can you pm me with details of how and how much to pay you? I likely won't be seeing you on wednesdays but I could mail or leave you a check somewhere, or paypal.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:38 pm 

I'll pull together a little invoice of all these things and forward it off to everyone who ordered something. Expect it in the coming days.