NKB/Nordeast Arts District tour - Thurs, Feb 5 - 6pm

Social get-togethers, business meetings, outings and scoutings
Theo

Re: NKB/Nordeast Arts District tour - Thurs, Feb 5 - 6pm

Postby Theo » Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:45 pm

jtbarclay wrote:meeting at the coffee shop at 6 or leaving to go to the open house at 6?

I assumed that the meetup was at 6:00 PM -- yes?
(for me it'll be easy enough to arrive at Diamond's a little early)

idris_arslanian

Postby idris_arslanian » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:06 pm

Meet at coffee shop @ 6. Head over: when group is assembled. Don't keep us waiting around too long though :roll:

jtbarclay

Postby jtbarclay » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:25 pm

idris_arslanian wrote:Meet at coffee shop @ 6. Head over: when group is assembled. Don't keep us waiting around too long though :roll:

I'll only be as late as it takes me to find my way if I get lost if that makes any sense

Theo

Postby Theo » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:04 pm

Hey, I've got a folder of 16 photos ready to upload, from our wanderings around NKB this evening; scaled-down sample below.

Note that there's a whole 6-story block of building which is dark, under the water tank there. Might mean there's space available but unfinished and/or in need of renovation. But by the time Dave & I had circled back to the building-management office, to ask about it, the door was closed & nobody answered our knock.

At any rate, I'm going to try & add my photos to the TC Maker Flickr pool which is already in progress...

pyrodogg
Site Admin

Postby pyrodogg » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:06 pm

Tossed my few shots into the pool. I really have to get better at the random photo taking thing, photographing events and such

noise
Global Moderator

Postby noise » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:53 am

Pyrodogg wrote:I really have to get better at the random photo taking thing, photographing events and such

Me too, I wasn't really happy with my output from the last meet. Next time I'll bring my Big Ugly Ghetto Flash Diffuser (tm) to hopefully improve the situation.
Make it happen.

Theo

Postby Theo » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:16 am

No worries; we'll get better. We already are.

idris_arslanian

Postby idris_arslanian » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:20 am

I think the tour went well. The spaces are interesting, but it was tough to tell if there was anything open. Theo and I walked around afterward and noticed that there's a whole lot of seemingly vacant space that is probably unfinished or currently unusable. Since we do have carpenters and other certified (I assume) craftsmen, I wonder if we could negotiate an arrangement that would allow us to get a discount on space if we rehab it ourselves. Unfortunately, like Theo said, we were unable to speak to the woman we assume to be the building supervisor at the end of the night.

metis

Postby metis » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:47 am

heh, the problem lies not in skills but licenses. i can certainly wire most things we'd need, but can't do so *legally* outside of my own home or under the supervision of someone with a city document.

i'm not familiar with what commercial owners can do to their own property legally though, so we may be ok, but that may be an insurance issue too.

idris_arslanian

Postby idris_arslanian » Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:59 am

Honestly, don't we have some licensed contractors in the group? I thought I remembered that from the previous meeting.

Return to “Meetups”