Site Logo

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Upcoming meetings
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:08 am 
Global Moderator

Ok, who do I contact to get wordpress admin rights? :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:13 am 
Global Moderator

videoman wrote:
Ok, who do I contact to get wordpress admin rights? :)

Register on the front page and one of us will change your rights.

We did have a have a link to our google calendar on the front page, but it looks like it has been removed because it wasn't being kept up to date [probably my job...sigh...].

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:32 pm 
Site Admin

videoman wrote:
I'd recommend posting all events to a calendar somewhere... as the information on goings on is not consistent, nor is there a consistent place to view the announced events. It needs to be in once place, and ideally allow for folks to subscribe to a calendar. CCCKC has a google calendar sidebar that list all of the dates for events right on the front page ( http://blog.cowtowncomputercongress.org/ ). This allows anyone to easily see what is going on in the space.
We have an events calendar link on our main website page.

videoman wrote:
I would also highly recommend adding a vision statement to the main tcmaker.org site, and regular official meeting dates, etc, rather then having them somewhere scattered in the forums.
Our vision statement is implicitly on our main page, though we haven't tagged it there as our "vision." Our vision is to create a cooperative community “maker shop” to build projects using various media and technologies, from wood and metal working to electronics to fabrics and beyond.

videoman wrote:
Also I would recommend having scheduled content, pick someone to present on some topic, or run a small workshop each month, announce to the world that this is happening, these are very important keys to drawing a larger crowd. Maybe get William Gurstelle (Minnesota native) in to speak or give a demo, or invite other famous makers to the shop (Mitch Altman, etc) to run a demo or something to get people engaged, and most importantly interested in the maker scene.
Excellent suggestions, videoman. We have discussed such things, but it will be much easier for us when we have an established base location. If we are able to surmount the lease challenge we're now facing, we'll be in a good position to do these things soon.

videoman wrote:
Sorry to rant, but I do want to see this succeed and these are some lessons that I've learned help to draw a larger crowd (I've been running DC612 http://dc612.org ) for almost 3+ years now. Anytime we have content that is somewhat structured, more people come to play.
No problem! We welcome your participation and help.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:24 am 

I could not make last nights meeting, but I'm more than curious.
Did we decided to move forward with the space?
-mark-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:34 am 
Site Admin

meat_raffle wrote:
I could not make last nights meeting, but I'm more than curious.
Did we decided to move forward with the space?
-mark-
Expect an announcement sometime today.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:20 am 

was there an announcement?

<edit> ignore this, I misread the date, and thought it was something else.</edit>

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 11:25 am 
Site Admin

OK peeps, this Wednesday looks to be a gorgeous day weatherwise. I suggest we fire up a grill for the evening. Do we have a good one? Anyone willing to volunteer for cooking? It would be great if TC Maker could source some meat or something but considering our expenses we might need to have everyone bring their own. Still, would be fun! Anyone else on board with this?

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:10 am 
Site Admin

Well, I hadn't heard any confirmation yesterday that we'd be able to arrange a cookout, so I was pleasantly surprised when I showed up at the Hack Factory yesterday to find that some of our members took up the gauntlet for cooking up some tasty dogs and burgers!

Thanks to everyone who helped out! It was just a marvelous evening at the Hack Factory yesterday, with people actively making things (food included!), greeting new visitors, and talking shop. Really, it was a picture-perfect "open hack" night, filled with electricity(!) and a feeling that the momentum of our group is building as we welcome new members and move into a larger space. :D

See y'all next Wednesday (or perhaps sooner)!

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 11:32 am 

It looked like an awesome evening, I got in really late and couldn't stay, I hope someone (Paul perhaps?) has lots of pics. It was a great atmosphere with the grill going and people hanging out all over the place. I'm guessing my shirt making plans would have been foiled by the sheer volume of people, which is an excellent development.

Pete

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6