Site Logo

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Group buy...again
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:48 pm 

Ouch. Terribly frustrating- I thought I'd saved a draft of this before taking off earlier and I didn't. REALLY pissed about that.

Anyway, I'm putting together a group buy (hot on the heels of the last one- I didn't get in on that for no particular reason. AvnetExpress and Digikey (or maybe Mouser- can't decide if saving the sales tax is worth it). Here's the list as it stands now. Expect it to get longer.
Atmega644P- 40-pin Atmega used in the Sanguino. Note that the minimum is 10 units, in increments of 10. I want to keep 5, so I have five I'm willing to sell right off (I will program them for you); if enough people are interested, we could buy another 10. AvnetExpress has them much much cheaper than anyone else seems to.
10k analog mini-joystick- I used one LIKE this (not this, exactly) for my laser pointer aimer. I'm going to buy 5; if I could get 5 more on the order, it would save me a mere $2. The bulk discount isn't great, here.
FT232RL- this is the raw chip that powers the USB link on the Arduino. It's a SSOP-28, which means the pitch on the pins is .65mm, requiring a PCB to solder to and mad chops on the iron. I'm getting 5 and I have little or no hope of someone else ordering the 5 more for the price break.
USB-B female connector- board mount receptacle like the one on the Arduino.
2mm SIL 10-pos header sockets- These are the sockets one might plug an Xbee module into. NOT standard breadboard size.
40-pin DIP socket- For the Atmegas listed above.

For now, that is all- but I KNOW I'm going to up that as my project gets further along. In particular, I'm pretty sure I'm going to add some buttons, some board mount battery holders, and some slider-type pots.

EDIT: Added parts...
SMT pushbutton- this is a surface mount version of the standard little pushbutton which is ubiquitous to most kits.
16MHz crystal- different to the one I ordered last time, for a more compact footprint.
More anon...

EDIT: Added from DanBackslide...
12V "cigarette lighter" plug w/20A fuse

I'm looking to close this up and place an order Friday, the 22nd. It will (probably) be a Digikey order, since that's where all the parts on this list are from, so far, but I may want to change to Mouser to get some Atmega328p action while they are in stock.

Post subject: Re: Group buy...again
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:21 pm 

How many 40-pin sockets do you need? If you need fewer than 5, I've got Digikey 3M5483-ND to offer.

I'll also take the 5 mega644s off your hands to complete the 10.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:07 pm 

lewinski wrote:
How many 40-pin sockets do you need? If you need fewer than 5, I've got Digikey 3M5483-ND to offer.

I'll also take the 5 mega644s off your hands to complete the 10.

Six of one, half dozen of the other. I'll probably still include the sockets in the order, though- I was going to probably buy at least 10 assuming I'll use some, keep some, and ship the rest off with the Atmegas.

Nice to know I'll be able to unload those extra Atmegas, though.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:30 am 

Hopefully there will be another order soon... I think I should actually get a paycheck before I start spending it...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:24 am 
Global Moderator

I'll probably buy something for the tinker bin.

That reminds me has anyone ever sourced the lit slider pots they use on the danger shield?

Edit: What is your deadline Mike?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:25 pm 

I have no deadline- maybe within the next two weeks? The week after Christmas, maybe?

As for the lit slide pots, does this page in the Mouser catalog do anything for you?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:58 am 
Global Moderator

uptownmaker wrote:
I have no deadline- maybe within the next two weeks? The week after Christmas, maybe?

As for the lit slide pots, does this page in the Mouser catalog do anything for you?

yeah that's it, thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:20 pm 

I've secured a small loan with a minimum interest rate (0%+defrosting of a chest freezer) and would be willing to get in on 2 or 3 of the 644p's depending on how the order goes down.

The link you currently have up is a non-stock item with a 220 piece minimum order... So if you end up going to a different part that doesn't require you to order in multiples of 10 I'd be down, otherwise you don't need to order another 10 for me. I need to get my cnc built and running on a regular 'duino before I worry about needing extra pins for limit switches and such.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:56 am 

I've been busy, with the opening of the shop and all, but I'm moving on this again.

I am planning to order the Atmega644p's today- 5 for me and 5 for Lewinski. Minimum increment is 10, so unless I hear a request for 6-8 more from various people by about 3 o'clock, I'm going to order just 10. If people commit to buying a few more (at least 6), I'll take the risk of not selling the 4 more and by 20.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:32 pm 

I'll take up to 5 of them if anyone else wants to join in. Otherwise I can wait.