Site Logo

It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Storefront Flyer! [AVAILABLE NOW]
PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:55 pm 
Site Admin

noise wrote:
wammie wrote:
noise wrote:
I have to say, I've never been a huge fan of the fliers, it seems an awkward thing to hand out to people. It's fine if you are going to post them or leave a stack, but we really need a business card.

FYI, I'm getting 404's too, there's no reason for me to think they would be cached.
There is a business card sized "flyer" already, the small one. We can put the address of the space on it once we get permission to do so. Where exactly are you folks clicking and getting the 404 errors? From the nav bar on the blog, when clicking an image to open it, or what?

Clicking on the pdf files in the first post of this thread.
Ahh, maybe you are both using Firefox? I was getting "undefined" errors when clicking Google results in Firefox, but not other browsers, so for now Firefox has been removed from my system. Are you having the same trouble in IE, Safari, or another browser? Also, I've got my PDF links set up to launch Adobe Acrobat Reader when clicking a link. I HATE when PDF files open in a browser. You can try setting Acrobat Reader's online integration so it launches when clicking a PDF file, and there may be browser settings that must also be proper for this to work.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:09 pm 
Global Moderator

Yeah Wayne it MUST be Firefox, because you have a problem with Firefox (which frankly mystifies me).

Doesn't work in Exploder or Chrome, any other browsers you would like me to try?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:19 pm 

404 for me as well, when both clicking on the pdf link and when right clicking and "saving as".

Wayne maybe try clearing your cache and checking them again?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:20 pm 

The links at the top of the thread are missing a bit of URL. The blog post links to the files correctly.

Here are links to the flyers:

Full page flyer
Full page flyer, with tear tags
Business card sheet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:25 pm 
Global Moderator

DanBackslide wrote:
The links at the top of the thread are missing a bit of URL. The blog post links to the files correctly.

Here are links to the flyers:

Full page flyer
Full page flyer, with tear tags
Business card sheet

Good catch Scott, I fixed the links in the thread.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:28 pm 
Global Moderator

OK, looking at the business card now, I had the old flier in mind that we used to pass out.

However, I think the business card is way too busy and mostly just screams "Fonts are cool! See how many I have?!"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:34 pm 
Site Admin

Ahhhhh. Crud, I misread Noise's post and hadn't tried the links in the first post of the thread, but everywhere else. They started not to work because our blog was moved to a different location on our server, thus links in the forum became broken. And no, I didn't mean it must be Firefox because I don't have Firefox, but it would be something for someone else to try. This happens all the time, where a particular browser has a problem and others don't.

Also, from what I remember, there are only two fonts on those flyers.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:38 pm 
Site Admin

I'll see if I can get permission to put the shop address on the flyers and redo them.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:17 pm 
Global Moderator

wammie wrote:

I knew you were going to say that. :D

Two fonts but too many sizes. I'm speaking specifically of the business cards, not necessarily the fliers.

I had an idea today that it would be cool to either have fliers with oragami instructions so you could fold the flyer into something, or to have a business cards that we would prefold into origami shapes and then would be unfolded to see details about tcmaker.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:35 pm 
Site Admin

noise wrote:
wammie wrote:

I knew you were going to say that. :D

Two fonts but too many sizes. I'm speaking specifically of the business cards, not necessarily the fliers.

I had an idea today that it would be cool to either have fliers with oragami instructions so you could fold the flyer into something, or to have a business cards that we would prefold into origami shapes and then would be unfolded to see details about tcmaker.
Fabulous!

Well, I put a lot of hours into my truncated octahedron of TC Maker logos. Perhaps we could use that or a modified version for the 8.5x11 flyers. The only thing with that model is that it has to be made with thicker paper or used as a template for something like cereal box cardboard.

The origami folded business cards is intriguing! I haven't much experience with that stuff, but I know there are some very, very cool things that people do. This would be a good group project!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next