CNC Projects? Show us yours!

Following the most recent CNC Class, which I think was a great success on many levels, I was inspired to make a project that has been on the back burner for awhile. I want to use a CNC to make some furniture. I’ve been inspired by the work of Gregg Fleishman, and as a starting point I cutout a scale model of one of his designs.

IMG_2506

Chair tool paths in LinuxCNC

IMG_2486

My goal is to make both short and tall stools that are CNC cut from sheet material, and are assembled without hardware, glue, or pegs if I can manage it. I’m guessing mine will have a bit more utilitarian look too, but Gregg’s stuff is great inspiration to make it beautiful and functional.
I also recently made a plenum plate for one of the vacuum formers, which I neglected to take any pictures of, which brings me to my request. If you are checked out on the CNCs at the Hack Factory and are working on projects, I’d love to see them, and I think the community would to, please send links to your work!

Pete

One thought on “CNC Projects? Show us yours!

1. Nice work Pete. I look forward to taking the next CNC class and will be sure to photograph my projects!

Leave a Reply