Glad to see some people interested in this

Topics generally related to Twin Cities Maker activities
mesach

Re: Glad to see some people interested in this

Postby mesach » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:27 am

WOOHOO

Every couple of months i barrage TechShop with emails to open in the TC, now if this can get off the ground I can stop bugging them

towlebooth

Postby towlebooth » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:51 am

I'm very interested in this as well. I've got my own woodshop but I've never had enough interest or funds to dedicate to metal working tools. I would also love to interact with other makers frequently as I know I have a lot to learn. I am also interested in workshops and group projects.

Any other budding Arduino enthusiasts out there? I have both a programming and an RC modeling background and Santa was good to me this year with the Arduino and a couple of shield kits.

JWink

Postby JWink » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:37 pm

Sure, way to get there before me, towlebooth ;)

I am interested too. Like towelbooth I am only recently into Arduino. While it's not the only game out there, it's a good, inexpensive start. I've been programming in various languages professionally since '93, and non-professionally since we got an Apple II in '83.

My skills with hardware, on the other hand, aren't as far a long. A group like this and/or a place to meet would be awesome. I learn so much faster by doing or seeing what others have done.

idris_arslanian

Postby idris_arslanian » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:12 pm

I would love to learn the Arduino. I came into Making from multiple angles, including cooking, brewing, and computer programming. I am desperate for some help learning electronics and especially soldering. Eventually, would like to combine everything into making an automated brewing stand.

emevenson

Postby emevenson » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:07 am

Looks like the free press is still spreading. I just saw this post over on wired.com:

http://blog.wired.com/geekdad/2009/01/t ... s-mak.html

towlebooth

Postby towlebooth » Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:21 am

idris_arslanian wrote:I would love to learn the Arduino. I came into Making from multiple angles, including cooking, brewing, and computer programming. I am desperate for some help learning electronics and especially soldering. Eventually, would like to combine everything into making an automated brewing stand.

That is a fantastic idea. In addition to several other maker hobbies I have (amateur radio, mame cabinet, RC flying, stained glass, 1915 home remodel and recently Arduino. . .) my wife and I have been home brewing for 12 years. An automated brewing stand would be really cool.

Another dream project would be an underwater ROV.

paulsobczak
Site Admin

Postby paulsobczak » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:22 pm

emevenson wrote:Looks like the free press is still spreading. I just saw this post over on wired.com:

http://blog.wired.com/geekdad/2009/01/t ... s-mak.html

This is cool, I just put up a separate thread about it.

Return to “General Discussion”