Storefront Flyers, Wallet Cards! [AVAILABLE NOW]

Area for developing group projects, such as workshop equipment
uptownmaker

Re: Storefront Flyer! [AVAILABLE NOW, PLEASE DISTRIBUTE]

Postby uptownmaker » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:48 pm

Hot. I will distribute this weekend around uptown and south Minneapolis as able.

DanBackslide

Re: Storefront Flyer! [AVAILABLE NOW, PLEASE DISTRIBUTE]

Postby DanBackslide » Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:01 pm

I'll stick a few up in northern parts. The Source and Radio City come to mind, also Ax-Man.
73 de KC0DZY

medios

Re: Storefront Flyer! [AVAILABLE NOW ON TCMAKER.ORG FRONT PAGE!]

Postby medios » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:25 pm

As soon as Google Voice comes online we could get one of its numbers thus we wont have to transfer numbers if there are changes in leadership

https://www.google.com/accounts/Service ... Zi8lyTtX5Q

wammie
Site Admin

Postby wammie » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:05 am

medios wrote:As soon as Google Voice comes online we could get one of its numbers thus we wont have to transfer numbers if there are changes in leadership

https://www.google.com/accounts/Service ... Zi8lyTtX5Q

Yes, possibly, but also we could get a dedicated phone (land line or IP). I guess Google just does telephone rerouting functions then, huh? You get an assigned virtual phone number and Google will redirect calls to a real phone on the back end?

metis

Postby metis » Mon Jun 22, 2009 11:50 am

ok so we've got a good number on it, we need to be sure that number's message is for tcm specifically.

note on flyers:
full letter sheets and quarter sheets are the standard sizes for promo.
ONLY poster in places that you get explicit permission. most colleges require a stamp or approval to poster there. a stack of quarter sheets is generally a better ROI than a poster, as posters often get covered, and tear offs get torn poorly. (you need to make an L cut in them, a straight cut rarely gets torn well)

heavier weight paper is a better up sell for the money than color, people like the hand feel and heft of it and are more likely to keep and remember the thing than crumple it up in their pocket.

many more places are cool with a stack of quarter sheets than hang ups.

thanks for getting this rolling wammie, comps at home have been testy of late.

wammie
Site Admin

Postby wammie » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:55 pm

metis wrote:we really need these pulled until we HAVE a phone number.

it's not good to have a bad number up. (great job onthem btw, my lappy has been really persnickety abotu getting online)

another option would be to get a disposable cel line which dumps to voicemail, and keep no minutes on it, and dial in and check thevm via other lines.

Metis, there IS a good phone number on the flyers. I guess my draft thumbnails are getting people too confused, so I'll have to remove them from this post. If you actually click the links in the post and in the blog, you'll see that there's a phone number in the PDFs. Uptownmaker has given us permission to use his phone for now.

metis

Postby metis » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:03 pm

yup, saw that on further inspection, tried to pull the jpgs out, but it wasnt' letting me.

any chance you can knock out a quarter sheet similar to the letter size?

side note: anyone have a crappy video card of ... the variety that theo remembers what i need they can bring along on Wednesday?

Theo

Postby Theo » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:07 pm

metis wrote:side note: anyone have a crappy video card of ... the variety that theo remembers what i need they can bring along on Wednesday?

Heh. That'd be any old video card that works in an AGP slot, not the more modern PCI-E slot.

A really REALLY basic video card which fits in a plain-vanilla PCI slot should also work. :geek:

wammie
Site Admin

Postby wammie » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:48 pm

metis wrote:... any chance you can knock out a quarter sheet similar to the letter size?

side note: anyone have a crappy video card of ... the variety that theo remembers what i need they can bring along on Wednesday?

Yes, I could do a quarter sheet version and I *MIGHT* have an old VGA card. I probably can't get to the graphics work until later tonight though.

THANKS for the tips on posting!

metis

Re: Storefront Flyer! [AVAILABLE NOW]

Postby metis » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:56 pm

do *not* under any circumstances poster on a street light or phone pole, even if tis' covered by other posters.

postering in high traffic areas it's bad form to cover other posters, and unless you intend to reposter daily, it's usually a waste of time.

high traffic things like university bulletin boards do much better with *nice* posters i.e. heavy stock, multi color. folks are less likely to cover something an odd size or pretty than another letter sheet. also stay off the center of the boards.

(we did a LOT of research on this sort of stuff in ny for various theatres, looking at what marketing strategies actually worked, and netted useful bodies out vs time spent hoofing it with bits of dead trees)

Return to “Group Projects”