Site Logo

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Interim business meeting: Sunday evening
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:15 am 

Hey TC Makers --

As probably already know, a bunch of folks are going to Ignite tonight, so the business meeting we would've had got pre-empted. (Hey, free beer. It's cool.)

There's a load of things which we need to get accomplished in short order, though, and we can't afford to lose what momentum we've been able to generate. So, I'm inviting some project-minded folks over to my house in Eagan, this Sunday evening, to check in with the committees, share progress reports, and get tasks for the next couple of weeks established and adopted.

I'm thinking I'll put in a pizza order; folks can throw in some buck$ toward that, and/or bring beverages. (Even if we order from Umbria, which is totally optional, it should be more economical than cafe food. heh ;) )

PM me for directions if you need them; you can start arriving anytime after 5:00 PM. That way we can eat, chat, and then get down to business by 7:00.

Some agenda items:
    - Incorporation (LLC? 501(c)(3)? Merging/partnering? Fiscal sponsorship?)
    - Treasury and dues
    - Locations
    - Updates from other groups (Studio Bricolage, Twin Cities Open Circuit, others?)

If you've stepped up for one of the committees, I'm especially interested in having you come on down.

See you Sunday for beer & pie & brass tacks! :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: Interim business meeting: Sunday evening
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:34 pm 
Site Admin

I will be out of town, and I would have liked to be there as well, good luck and have a good time, I am off to Maryland! Road Trip!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:24 pm 

:!: *NOTE* for those folks coming out to my place on Sunday:

The gutter that connects the driveway to the street isn't gentle. If you point your car straight up the driveway, your front end WILL bottom out & scrape asphalt. So, if you want to actually park on the driveway, take it at a 45-degree angle & you should be OK. (Or, just park on the street!)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:44 am 

Can't make it, in fact. We are moving in three days and are completely unprepared, especially considering that there are many other demands on the time between now and then.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:11 pm 

Sorry All, I can't make it either, the home stretch for school is insane

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:21 pm 

OK -- best wishes for moving & graduation, then.

(At some point I'll want to chat with the both of you, though, about that TI tech event. I did register, and the whole "My TI" program looks truly sweet with the samples & all, but all the event-day classes look waaay beyond me, at least for now.)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:45 am 

MMmm, cold leftover pizza, nom nom...

Present this evening for beer & pie & bylaws:
We looked at some of the available spaces' floor plans, trimmed down the floorplan from TechShop Menlo Park for comparison, sorted zones around roughly on the projection screen with MS Paint, and satisfied ourselves that < 5,000 square feet really is a pretty workable figure for our workshoppish purposes. We also browsed through some descriptions & photos of the places I've scouted so far, on the big sgreen; the 4,640 sf bay at 451 Taft is still the current favorite.

Strategically, everyone was in favor of incorporating as a not-for-profit LLC first, then pursuing a partnership with Studio Bricolage under the Leonardo's Basement 501(c)(3) umbrella.

The biggest chunk of work we got accomplished was the draft of the bylaws, though. These, along with the constitution, are organizational documents required for the creation of an LLC in the state of Minnesota. So, even though the bylaws are still in draft, that's another legal hurdle we've cleared.

:!: ALSO :!: We'll be holding ELECTIONS soon, for such offices as Twin Cities Maker President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary, etc. (That's covered in the bylaws, too. Might want to give 'em a read. ;) ) In order to do that, though, we'll need some nominees and some measure of campaigning time. I don't want get into that much further in this post, though... so: Watch for a nomination & campaign thread, here on the forum. The timetable for the first TCM election will be much shorter than the US Presidential election, never mind the MN Senate race. :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:09 am 

thinkpad for secretary 2009!!!