Keeping the smoke in @ Studio Bricolage

Links and information on projects by local makers
User avatar
swinkdaddy
Posts: 319
Joined: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:06 pm
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Contact:

Keeping the smoke in @ Studio Bricolage

Postby swinkdaddy » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:34 am

For those who couldn't make it out to the first night of Mikes electronics class "keeping the smoke in", here are a couple of photos. Kudos to Mike! Fun class, looking forward to then next one (after I get new fuse for my multimeter, ha).
Have kilt, will travel...

User avatar
idris_arslanian
Posts: 362
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:22 pm

Re: Keeping the smoke in @ Studio Bricolage

Postby idris_arslanian » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:37 am

So jealous of those that could go to this. Don't suppose anyone recorded the session for posterity/later use?

User avatar
Theo
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:53 am
Location: Eagan, MN
Contact:

Re: Keeping the smoke in @ Studio Bricolage

Postby Theo » Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:33 am

idris_arslanian wrote:Don't suppose anyone recorded the session for posterity/later use?
Well, we're taking notes; does that count?

User avatar
Nicholas Lee
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:43 am
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Contact:

Re: Keeping the smoke in @ Studio Bricolage

Postby Nicholas Lee » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:28 am

ggaaaahh!

something came up - so i didnt get to make it to the first class.
which puts me behind.

i hate being behind.

will be there at the next 2 (or 3 tho)

User avatar
noise
Global Moderator
Posts: 634
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Keeping the smoke in @ Studio Bricolage

Postby noise » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:45 am

It was great Mike, thanks!!! I also need to get a new fuse. :) I expect I toasted mine on the dreaded hot wire cutter and didn't notice because everything but current measurement is still working.

The class was just about perfect for me, filled in some details about stuff I already know and introduced some stuff I hadn't thought much about (parallel and serial components for instance).

Looking forward to the next.
Make it happen.

User avatar
metis
Posts: 1219
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:06 am
Location: NE Minneapolis
Contact:

Re: Keeping the smoke in @ Studio Bricolage

Postby metis » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:06 am

noise:
i need a fuse too, any chance you need a 5g 2 amp 250v fuse? i was gonna pick up a few of them.

excellent class, very fast paced, but i learned a lot. things still absorbing. some photos to post in a few.

User avatar
metis
Posts: 1219
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:06 am
Location: NE Minneapolis
Contact:

Re: Keeping the smoke in @ Studio Bricolage

Postby metis » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:08 am

-damn it- post in wrong thread

User avatar
noise
Global Moderator
Posts: 634
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Keeping the smoke in @ Studio Bricolage

Postby noise » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:11 am

metis wrote:noise:
i need a fuse too, any chance you need a 5g 2 amp 250v fuse? i was gonna pick up a few of them.

excellent class, very fast paced, but i learned a lot. things still absorbing. some photos to post in a few.


No, it looks like I need a 500mA fuse.
Make it happen.

uptownmaker
Posts: 378
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:26 am

Re: Keeping the smoke in @ Studio Bricolage

Postby uptownmaker » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:35 am

idris_arslanian wrote:So jealous of those that could go to this. Don't suppose anyone recorded the session for posterity/later use?

Good God, I hope not!

I'm okay with how it went/is going, but the next time I teach it (which is already scheduled for FOUR sessions in June) I will be doing many things markedly different. THAT session should be recorded.

Not the least of which will be more time devoted directly to the multimeter, and putting off current measurement until quite late in the class, if at all.

User avatar
paulsobczak
Site Admin
Posts: 861
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:35 pm
Contact:

Re: Keeping the smoke in @ Studio Bricolage

Postby paulsobczak » Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:42 am

uptownmaker wrote:
idris_arslanian wrote:So jealous of those that could go to this. Don't suppose anyone recorded the session for posterity/later use?

Good God, I hope not!

I'm okay with how it went/is going, but the next time I teach it (which is already scheduled for FOUR sessions in June) I will be doing many things markedly different. THAT session should be recorded.

Not the least of which will be more time devoted directly to the multimeter, and putting off current measurement until quite late in the class, if at all.


I think it should be covered, I was talking with someone who graduated with EE an his colleague didn't know how to measure current, If you tought that you could say "You are know smarter than some EE graduates" and that would be good!


Return to “Local Maker Projects”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest