Draft constitution/bylaws

Social get-togethers, business meetings, outings and scoutings
DanBackslide

Draft constitution/bylaws

Postby DanBackslide » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:05 pm

Here's a first pass at a constitution. This is really rough--I just took the existing USS Nokomis constitution, and cut out/reworded the bits that didn't fit. In particular, the Nokomis is a "strong board" organization, and the constitution reflects that.

The attached file is in OpenOffice Writer format, zipped ('cuz the forum won't allow .odt).

Bylaws will follow soon. The bylaws are a lot longer, so they'll take more time to revise.
73 de KC0DZY

DanBackslide

Re: Draft constitution/bylaws

Postby DanBackslide » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:02 pm

Draft bylaws. I left in the descriptions for all of the Governing Board officers as an example of duties; we probably won't need all of them.

Again, OpenOffice Writer format, zipped.
73 de KC0DZY

Theo

Postby Theo » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:20 am

Thanks for doing this... I will look at them after I'm more awake.

Maybe we can post them right into the thread for easy review, instead of as a .ZIPped text file.

DanBackslide

Postby DanBackslide » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:25 pm

I'm thinking that I'll set it all up in the wiki. Of course I didn't think of that until I had everything posted here...
73 de KC0DZY

wammie
Site Admin

Postby wammie » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:58 pm

DanBackslide wrote:Draft bylaws. I left in the descriptions for all of the Governing Board officers as an example of duties; we probably won't need all of them.

Again, OpenOffice Writer format, zipped.

Could this be posted also in .txt, .tif, or .doc format for those of us without OpenOffice?

metis

Postby metis » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:02 pm

whats wrong with open office? anyone can get it on any platform, and formatting is standard.... (i think m$werd can even open it now no?)

really i think we probably want to be looking at editing, or at least annotating things on the wiki for this. ideally annotate every change with strike throughs and italics so that everyone can see the changes progressing and the prior version. explain your reasoning for every change in an annotation.

wammie
Site Admin

Postby wammie » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:34 pm

metis wrote:whats wrong with open office? anyone can get it on any platform, and formatting is standard.... (i think m$werd can even open it now no?)

really i think we probably want to be looking at editing, or at least annotating things on the wiki for this. ideally annotate every change with strike throughs and italics so that everyone can see the changes progressing and the prior version. explain your reasoning for every change in an annotation.

Uhh, nothing at all wrong with OpenOffice, but I don't think readers should have to install all of that just to read the constitution/bylaws. And no, m$werd viewer does not read this file.

I agree the wiki is a better place to edit and construct it.

DanBackslide

Postby DanBackslide » Mon Mar 16, 2009 3:42 pm

Many thanks to Metis for putting it all into the wiki!
73 de KC0DZY

metis

Postby metis » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:03 pm

copy and paste is your friend... (unless you've an iphone)

wammie
Site Admin

Postby wammie » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:10 am

DanBackslide wrote:Here's a first pass at a constitution. This is really rough--I just took the existing USS Nokomis constitution, and cut out/reworded the bits that didn't fit. In particular, the Nokomis is a "strong board" organization, and the constitution reflects that.

The attached file is in OpenOffice Writer format, zipped ('cuz the forum won't allow .odt).

Bylaws will follow soon. The bylaws are a lot longer, so they'll take more time to revise.

There will need to be some thinking about the "strong board" format, whether or not it seems appropriate, and which parts of the constitution can be made less stringent or removed. Probably should be a topic for discussion at one of the formal meetings.

Return to “Meetups”