Kits

How to raise money
metis

Re: Kits

Postby metis » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:54 am

long before we ponder small scale manufacturing, we need to consider stuff like ownership of designs, liability, and incorporation. not tryign to quash ideas here, but i think we're still at the brainstorming up what sorts of things we want to be doing, not getting into details about how we'll go about it.

there's clearly a lot of excitement for developing our own kits for folks to assemble. what can we offer in that vein that's new and different from all of the other kits out there?

wammie
Site Admin

Postby wammie » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:06 pm

In order to gain recognition and interest, I suggest something simple and practical that a lot of folks could get some use from. Considering the significant bike community in the TC area, perhaps something like LED headlamps with direction blinkers or other kits to customize bicycles? This is just one example I could think of, but it's probably not original or unique.

noise
Global Moderator

Postby noise » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:16 pm

Good idea, one of the MORC guys (Bob...I forget) did quite a bit of work on diy headlamps (and bar-lamps for that matter), tested multiple versions and did some write-ups which I have someplace.

I meant to work on one for myself but never got to it and then drifted from cycling for a while (kids!!).
Make it happen.

Return to “Funding”