Bike Frame Welding?

Questions and answers not about the bulletin board
User avatar
noise
Global Moderator
Posts: 634
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:24 pm
Contact:

Bike Frame Welding?

Postby noise » Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:46 pm

I have an early 90's steel MTB frame (built like a tank) that I have dreams of turning into a fixie juggernaut.

It has vertical dropouts which I would like to replace with track dropouts. Just wondering if anybody has those skills around here.

I think I can get the work done for around $100 by Bob Brown, but it's been a while since I looked into it (I just looked it up, it's $150 now, although I'm sure he would do an awesome job).

Just thought I would ask.
Make it happen.

User avatar
Nicholas Lee
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:43 am
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Contact:

Re: Bike Frame Welding?

Postby Nicholas Lee » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:28 pm

theres a bike frame specialist downstairs from me at work - chris kvale.
ive seen him do really some really nice work.
no idea how much it costs tho.

http://www.chriskvalecycles.com/home.html

i think theres a bikeframe shop called peacock groove downstairs too.
http://peacockgroove.com/

all of this is in the ivy building for the arts - and they have space available for us! (i've yet to find out details).

User avatar
Theo
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:53 am
Location: Eagan, MN
Contact:

Re: Bike Frame Welding?

Postby Theo » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:57 pm

Nicholas Lee wrote:all of this is in the ivy building for the arts - and they have space available for us! (i've yet to find out details).

Eh? Wot? Details yes please? And post under Locations?

User avatar
Nicholas Lee
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:43 am
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Contact:

Re: Bike Frame Welding?

Postby Nicholas Lee » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:56 am

oh. i thought we were using the wiki page for locations.
i guess i forgot to update the forum, letting everyone know theres an update to the wiki?

...
yes.
that sorta sounds like the opposite of technology.

we might wanna get neater on the information dissemination.

User avatar
noise
Global Moderator
Posts: 634
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:24 pm
Contact:

Re: Bike Frame Welding?

Postby noise » Sun Mar 08, 2009 6:21 am

Nicholas Lee wrote:theres a bike frame specialist downstairs from me at work - chris kvale.
ive seen him do really some really nice work.
no idea how much it costs tho.

http://www.chriskvalecycles.com/home.html

i think theres a bikeframe shop called peacock groove downstairs too.
http://peacockgroove.com/


Wow, that's cool! I'll have to check them out.
Make it happen.

User avatar
pyrodogg
Site Admin
Posts: 385
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 1:57 am
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Contact:

Re: Bike Frame Welding?

Postby pyrodogg » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:44 am

Nicholas Lee wrote:oh. i thought we were using the wiki page for locations.
i guess i forgot to update the forum, letting everyone know theres an update to the wiki?

...
yes.
that sorta sounds like the opposite of technology.

we might wanna get neater on the information dissemination.


My theory has always sort of been use forums for announcing and active discussion. Wiki for referencing things later, archiving info, and other bits of info that just don't seem to fit on the forum.


Return to “Other Q and A”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron