Site Logo

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Robot Shop of Horrors on Fourth Fridays
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:47 am 

Ever have a project which you can't find enough time for and it gets to the end of the month without doing enough on it? Wouldn't it be great to have a regularly scheduled hackfest where we could get together to build stuff with others?

We have successfully had an Arduino.MN hackfest at the Hack Factory in the past. The Twin Cities Robotics Group has had a long-standing Friday night build session called the Robot Shop of Horrors, which used to meet in a member's basement, but that facility is now on the market.

In the spirit of continuing a regularly scheduled hackfest I have arranged to schedule the fourth Friday of each month at 7pm on a regular basis for holding the Robot Shop of Horrors in the classroom/electronics lab at the Hack Factory. It is not necessarily specific to TCRG and anyone is welcome to come down and work on whatever you are working on. It will be a good opportunity to share knowledge about how to do things.

It is might be short notice to for people to make plans to get together for this Friday (5/24), but if we don't see you then, maybe next month on Friday, June 28th?

- Doug

Post subject: Re: Robot Shop of Horrors on Fourth Fridays
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 2:35 pm 
Site Admin

Doug, thanks for arranging this. I'm going to try and make it to this event at 7 PM. Though I'm not presently working on a robot, I'll bring my position sensor chip, Arduino, and components and see if I can get some progress on my experimental head tracker. If you have that TI sensor chip, please bring it too!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:46 pm 

Hope to see you at the TCRG RSOH event in the TC Maker's Hack Factory classroom on the fourth Friday, June 28th, 2013 at 7pm!!!

This hackfest is not limited to Twin Cities Robot Group members, bring in any project you are working on. We help each other. We might go out to eat at Perkins afterwards.

Also, let me know if you want to try making parts for your project on the laser cutter.

- Doug

P.S. I'll be working on my robot arm project for the Arduino and Robot panels at CONvergence next week. Is anyone else working on projects for CONvergence 2013?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:42 pm 
Site Admin

I'm going to try and make it to this event!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:57 am 

I hope to see you at this month's Robot Shop of Horrors electronics hack-fest on Friday (7/26/13) starting at 7pm.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:59 pm 

This is a reminder that this Friday, August 23rd, 2013, is the monthly Robot Shop of Horrors hackfest at 7pm to whenever in the Hack Factory's class room. We'll might go out to eat afterwards. Any suggestions for some place other than the Riverside Perkins (which closes at midnight)?

I see in this month's TCM board meeting minutes that a new laser cutter is coming to the Hack Factory!

As most the links on the TCMaker.org website, including the Location link, appear to be down currently, the address to the Hack Factory is:
3119 East 26th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55406

I look forward to seeing you there!

- Doug

P.S. I may bring the Thing-O-Matic 3D printer to print some parts for people if interested.