Site Logo

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Donations, Loaners, Tools and supplies at the HackFactor
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:09 pm 

I have donated a Bridgeport vertical milling machine.

My friend Robert J. Davies has donated the brown tool cabinet and all of the tooling, parallels, angle chips, combination squares etc. in it. He would like a receipt for an in-kind donation.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:15 pm 
Site Admin

contortpiezo wrote:
I have donated a Bridgeport vertical milling machine.

My friend Robert J. Davies has donated the brown tool cabinet and all of the tooling, parallels, angle chips, combination squares etc. in it. He would like a receipt for an in-kind donation.

Awesomeness! You may bring this matter to our treasurer, Brandon. If you don't know him or have trouble reaching him in person, please send an email to him at treasurer[-at-]tcmaker.org. We have a Board meeting tonight at 7 PM and he should be there.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:37 pm 

I recently brought by a large green drill press and a metal bodied 15amp worm drive circular saw, both with a fair bit of shop wear. I left them as long term loans, but I expect that will be very long term, or turn into donation.

Last time I was there, it looked like the drill press was up and running (it had needed some handles replaced) and we moved it to the metal shop (where I do most of my work) and put the ryobi in the wood shop (its better suited to wood than metal). Was a delight to use (had gotten it in a recent deal, never used it).

The circular saw is still sitting in the tub I left it with; it leaks oil fairly badly, not sure what would be needed to fix that. I've used it a few times over the years, have never had trouble, but that's very occasional use, and I topped up the oil before doing so. Its a fun tool to use though - gobs and gobs of cutting power, so it never bogs down like cheaper plastic direct drive saws do.

612 695 fifty-two sixty-six

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:51 pm 

Thanks for the loans. The next time you are in, try to talk to one of the staff about the drill press. It would be much more useful for all in the wood shop. If you really prefer it to live in the metal shop, then we need to bring Tony into the conversation, for starters. He decides if and where things go in the metal shop. Metal already has two drill presses, one of which is enormous, industrial, but in need of a bit more repair. Wood has a broken down toy, and multitool that might better serve in a different configuration.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:52 pm 

Oh, and the circular saw. If it is leaky and needs repair, you'll need to get a commitment from someone to repair it, or please take it home.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:53 pm 

Odegard wrote:
Thanks for the loans. The next time you are in, try to talk to one of the staff about the drill press. It would be much more useful for all in the wood shop. If you really prefer it to live in the metal shop, then we need to bring Tony into the conversation, for starters. He decides if and where things go in the metal shop. Metal already has two drill presses, one of which is enormous, industrial, but in need of a bit more repair. Wood has a broken down toy, and multitool that might better serve in a different configuration.

Maybe that's a conversation maybe the three (four w/ Jerry) could have tommorrow night?. I do have a personal need to drill some large-ish holes in metal, and will do much more so in metal than in wood. I don't care much what tool I use to do it, as long as it work well enough.

Sorry the saw isn't servicible. I'd love to see somebody being able to get use out of it, and would give it to anybody who's willing to sink time / parts into getting it working right, but don't know who that would be.

612 695 fifty-two sixty-six