Attracting Exhibitors: Announcing and Advertising

Discussion area to organize TC Maker's participation at the Minne-Faire on April 14, 2012
wammie
Site Admin

FLYERS!

Postby wammie » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:05 pm

After talking with Metis, I've finalized a couple of flyers. One is a full-size 8.5"x11" sheet and another has four quarter-sheet flyers on an 8.5"x11" sheet.

Here's the image. Click the links below to download the flyers. If we're good with these, may I present them in a blog post?
Minne-Faire-2011-1x.png
Minne-Faire-2011-1x.png (58.96 KiB) Viewed 770 times

soldiersquared

Re: Attracting Exhibitors: Announcing and Advertising

Postby soldiersquared » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:29 pm

That's fantastic. I've got a hundred places I can stick them! Is there resources at the H/F to print them or am I being forced to use my home printer?

wammie
Site Admin

Postby wammie » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:07 pm

soldiersquared wrote:That's fantastic. I've got a hundred places I can stick them! Is there resources at the H/F to print them or am I being forced to use my home printer?
They can be printed at the H.F. JTBarclay brought in some red paper stock too. You're welcome to print on your own printer and paper too, of course. Red card stock suggested. I'm going to post these on the blog soon.

wammie
Site Admin

Re: Brief Copy for Exhibitor Solicitation

Postby wammie » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:22 pm

wammie wrote:I've written up some brief text...
Alright, now that we know the times, I've rewritten the copy a bit. Here it is:

Twin Cities Maker, a non-profit group supporting the local do-it-yourself and arts communities, is hosting its second "Minne-Faire," a mini Maker Faire, on April 9, 2011.

The event will be held at the group's Hack Factory workshop, 12 PM to 5 PM, at 3119 E. 26th St. in Minneapolis, MN. Art and music will follow at 6 PM.

TC Maker is seeking individuals, groups, and businesses to demonstrate or sell craft items, or sponsor this event.

To express interest and request details, send an email to [email protected] . More about Twin Cities Maker is at http://www.tcmaker.org .

I think this is sufficiently informative and succinct. So, anyone have ideas of contacts who we can send this to?

wammie
Site Admin

Re: Brief Copy for Exhibitor Solicitation

Postby wammie » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:49 am

wammie wrote:
wammie wrote:I've written up some brief text...
Alright, now that we know the times, I've rewritten the copy a bit. Here it is:...

So... for 2012, how about this? [EDIT - Text changed to reflect 7 PM for performances and socializing.]

Twin Cities Maker, a non-profit group supporting the local do-it-yourself and arts communities, is hosting its third "Minne-Faire," a mini Maker Faire, on Saturday, April 14, 2012.

The Minne-Faire will run from 12 PM to 5 PM at the group's Hack Factory home, 3119 E. 26th St. in Minneapolis, MN. Musical performances and socializing will follow at 7 PM.

TC Maker is seeking individuals, groups, and businesses to demonstrate or sell craft items, provide food, or sponsor this event.

wammie
Site Admin

Postby wammie » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:31 am

OK gang, after countless hours of work I now have a poster for Minne-Faire 2012. This of course is a thumbnail. I can make this into half and quarter size formats as well.
Minne-Faire Poster 2012.png
Minne-Faire Poster 2012.png (704.34 KiB) Viewed 743 times

wammie
Site Admin

Postby wammie » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:04 am

wammie wrote:OK gang...
Hey, should the third bullet at the bottom maybe include "food," like "Hands-on, food, and more!"? Anything else we need to mention?

wammie
Site Admin

Postby wammie » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:28 am

Here is a draft of a 4x sheet. If I don't hear from anyone shortly on my questions posted above, I'm going to just finalize these posters/placards (add "food" as I suggested above) and make the full versions available. I'll probably do an 11x17 version as well.
Minne-Faire-2012-4x.png
Minne-Faire-2012-4x.png (577.64 KiB) Viewed 733 times

mcsteve

Postby mcsteve » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:21 am

wammie wrote:
Hey, should the third bullet at the bottom maybe include "food," like "Hands-on, food, and more!"? Anything else we need to mention?

I think there should be another word in there somewhere. "Hands-on demonstrations..." maybe? Something like that. "Hands-on" by itself looks funny to me.

Otherwise, it looks beautiful. Great work!
If it ain't broke, your version is outdated.

wammie
Site Admin

Postby wammie » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:29 pm

mcsteve wrote:
wammie wrote:

I think there should be another word in there somewhere. "Hands-on demonstrations..." maybe? Something like that. "Hands-on" by itself looks funny to me.

Otherwise, it looks beautiful. Great work!
Yup, I'm working on changes to the bullet points. I'll post the next draft in a little while.

Return to “Minne-Faire 2012 TC Maker Activity Discussion”