Proposal: chili competition

Topics generally related to Twin Cities Maker activities
wammie
Site Admin

Re: Proposal: chili competition

Postby wammie » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:55 pm

Is this event solidified? What time does it start? Is it open to the public to submit dishes or taste?

swinkdaddy

Postby swinkdaddy » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:31 am

wammie wrote:Is this event solidified? What time does it start? Is it open to the public to submit dishes or taste?

Info is on the blog. (prep at 7, taste around 8-8:30) This is super informal so the only rule is that it has to be chili.

Personally if someone outside of the group wants to submit some chili and hang out, then why not. They may like us and want to be a member. In true hackerspace mentality, I didnt want to make a bunch of rules, but if anyone wants to edit. the whole event is open source :)
Have kilt, will travel...

Odegard

Postby Odegard » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:34 pm

I'm going to propose a "rule" for the tastings, and that would be for someone to supply spoons and small paper cups or bowls to somewhat limit the amount of chili any one person can sample from any one pot. From experience with informal chili cookoffs, some people don't think it through to take small samples until after the first two or three bowls, and then they are full, unable to sample all the entries, not to mention some pots get drained early as a result (usually the ones on the end of the sampling table).

For myself, I had fully intended to provide an entry, but sadly, I am unable to make time for that this week. I didn't know my in-laws were staying until this morning, and that my daughter's volleyball meeting is tonight. I don't expect the event to be moved by any means, but know that I'll be providing an entry next time!
Christopher Odegard

wammie
Site Admin

Postby wammie » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:19 pm

Anyone able to bring these small paper cups/bowls? I plan on bringing some chili. Anyone going to make corn bread?

smittex

Postby smittex » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:34 am

Hey guys, unfortunately I won't be able to participate in this because I didn't have time to cook. I'll still be there tonight to judge your submissions, though ;-p

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

EntropyRising

Postby EntropyRising » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:49 am

Another drop out here. :cry: I won't even be able to show up tonight due to work related issues. Next time!!

Return to “General Discussion”