Site Logo

It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: MEMBER DRIVE PROGRESS NOW AT TCMAKER.ORG HOME PAGE
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:44 am 
Site Admin

All, we now have a thermometer progress bar on our home page to display our status in obtaining necessary member dues for January and for keeping our workshop space. This progress will be updated periodically.

Post subject: Re: MEMBER DRIVE PROGRESS NOW AT TCMAKER.ORG HOME PAGE
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:00 am 
Site Admin

I don't know who's been updating the thermometer lately, but the updates haven't been following protocol agreed to by the directors. I had been taking the lead on this but over the last couple of updates someone has stepped ahead of me and done some updates which, to my knowledge, were not necessarily accurate and reflecting what the board had set in motion. I have corrected the thermometer base on my knowledge of board understanding.

To summarize how it has been set up, the numbers are to state the desired member levels for the current and previous months, and the number of members paid up through the prior month. We use the number of members paid up through the entirety of the previous month to capture memberships that came through later than the first of the month, since bank delays and other circumstances can cause this to happen. The date of current membership level is shown as of the last day of the previous month.

Principly our treasurer is the person who can advise on the numbers based on organization goals and membership trends, though before they are updated it is expected that all directors are informed of proprosed updates.

Speaking to the situation as of today, the board had discussed setting a member goal of 90. This was the number set for October as well. The number reflects all types of paid memberships - full, student, and unemployed - as a goal to reach financial targets. We have been trending toward a higher percentage of student and unemployed memberships than expected, so we may have to adjust the number upward. The board meets next on Wednesday, November 8, and the membership goal will likely be re-evaluated and updated as the board feels necessary.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:44 am 
Site Admin

I have been updating it to keep it current, in the past it has remained out dated. Each time I have asked Brandon for the count and added it, I believe I have done this 3 or 4 times to keep it accurate, because nobody else was doing it, not because I wanted to over step bounds.

The total has been update based on conversations with board members, not my own feelings.

The number that is in the goal I don't really care about. I do care about tcmaker making it into the future, and this need needs to be set at a level that will allow for us to pay for our current space and also allow us to save up money for rainy days.

As of right now we are loosing money, if this continues we will lose the space and the group.

If you are going to be in charge of updating this thing please be so kind as to update it on time, it only takes 5 minutes.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:00 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for the information and for the good intent. Yes, there was a bit of a delay this month in updating it, partially because it took a while to get the information from the treasurer. I'll admit that I was remiss in getting it updated promptly, but I did make early efforts to get the information. I too put importance to getting this updated on the first of every month.

[EDIT: It was an incorrect perception that nobody else was doing it. I have been minding this and the numbers to my knowledge have been consistent with board consensus, though establishing the form and protocol took a couple months to get standardized. The goal number would be owned by the board as a whole and has been stated in board meeting notes. We aim to have an update at the start of each month and possibly after a board meeting in the middle of a month.]