Site Logo

It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Missing large collection of sanding belts and disks
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:21 pm 

I fear these were a victim of the clean up. I "won" a lot in an auction that included a bunch of sanding belts from 18" x 1/2" to 48" by 1" and a a ton of either 7" or 9" sanding disk, most of which were new and still in their packaging. Has anyone seen this collection, it would likely fill a small laundry basket in total volume. I believe it was by my CNC, and may have been "cleaned up" to somewhere else. I'm hoping it didn't get cleaned up in to the garbage, but if you know that's the case, I'd like to know that too.

Thanks

Pete

Post subject: Re: Missing large collection of sanding belts and disks
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:11 am 

how recently had you seen these?

Riley

Post subject: Missing large collection of sanding belts and disks
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:23 am 

Pete, there is storage underneath the downdraft table Jude made, have you looked there? I don't recall having seen what you describe, but I can assure you I would not have thrown them away if I had seem them. Sounds like a potentially useful bunch of stuff.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=44.906675,-93.293922
Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:46 am 

Pete, I was a bit rushed in my earlier response... to finish:
I will look around Tuesday evening to see if I can find that stuff. I have a vague recollection of seeing what you describe, maybe even talking to you about it at one point, but for the life of me I cannot recall where it may have ended up. Maybe once I am in the space, it'll come to me. There are a few places I might have put these, if I felt the need to move them: One is the storage under the sanding/downdraft table in the southeast corner of the woodshop. That's where all shared sanding materials are intended to live. Another place would be the lower portion of the rolling tool rack by the gate. There is a mish-mash of stuff there now awaiting a better, more-logical home and the completion of that rack. A third, less likely, possibility would be on the shelf underneath the large belt/disk sander. While the belt sanding strips have less potential usefulness, I really cannot imagine anyone throwing out unwrapped sanding disks, even in the flurry of unsentimental activity during our early autumn clean-up days. I'm sure I would have been inclined to recommend that kind of material be saved and stored.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:19 pm 

Odegard,

We talked about the odd sized band saw blade and cutting it up to make custom tools out of, that was in the same auction lot as the sanding belts etc. I talked with Jude and we looked around, including under the downdraft table, but I couldn't find anything. I thought I placed them near my CNC, but that areas been rearranged a few times, I'll be in Weds and do a good search then too.

Thanks

Pete