Open circuit hacking at the hack factory monday nights

Social get-togethers, business meetings, outings and scoutings
paulsobczak
Site Admin

Open circuit hacking at the hack factory monday nights

Postby paulsobczak » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:21 pm

I am along with anybody interested starting a monday night circuit hacking night based in part Noise Bridge's circuit hacking night. First night is this coming monday, I have not prepared much for this first time around but the idea is to get together, as questions, learn from eachother, and work on your own projects.

-Paul

smittex

Re: Open circuit hacking at the hack factory monday nights

Postby smittex » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:15 pm

I'm coming and I'll bring a bunch of "cool" electronics that we can all play with such as gas sensors, xbee radios, microcontroller boards, accelerometers, GPS receivers, arduino shields, etc. If you,ve ever been curios about electronics or want to exchange ideas about implementing AI into an FPGA, come and revel in our geekery. Topics include ac and dc electronics, digital signal processing, microcontrollers, embedded systems, printed circuit boards, and much more!

Btw, what time are we meeting up?

Happyk

Postby Happyk » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:27 pm

Paul is this an event that is once a month or every monday??
"insert something witty here"

pyrodogg
Site Admin

Postby pyrodogg » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:36 pm

I'm in. I'll be down after getting some grub after work.

Booka
Global Moderator

Postby Booka » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:09 pm

First, it is about time this was started, thanks, other area's need to pick this idea up too (Hint Woodworking Night, or Metalworking Night)

Second I will ask to be sure, but if say somebody like me who wants to refresh and expand my knowledge (last electronics class I took was 1983) I will hope that I can get a few people to explain or give a little guidance while I start to work through some basic projects from places like an old Radio Shack Projects book.

I may not be there every Monday, but knowing that there is regular meeting would help get me working on this.

wammie
Site Admin

Postby wammie » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:26 am

Count me in! I have a whole series of the Radio Shack project books and I can bring them. I might focus on doing something with my Arduino as I have only constructed a basic LED back and forth scanner project so far. I'm looking for suggestions on the Arduino project, particularly something that I can dedicate to a permanent use. I'd be willing to do that and find a newer Arduino to use for prototyping.

paulsobczak
Site Admin

Postby paulsobczak » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:33 am

weekly, I am looking to have this be a time to work and help each other, I have started this as lots of people have shown interest and wanted something like this, if anyone is so inclined to help run it or have ideas I imagine it will run a lot like handmade music, if you want to work on stuff do it, if you want to give a talk on the greatness of open hardware one night we can do it it. So yes, I look forward to seeing what this turns into.

I imagine tonight, I, along with whoever else shows up, will come up with some information as to what this should be about and how to structure things.

wammie
Site Admin

Postby wammie » Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:26 pm

I'm heading over. Need to make a quick stop on the way, it might be a half hour or so.

wammie
Site Admin

Postby wammie » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:45 am

This was great! Thanks Paul for arranging this electronics night. I didn't have too much time but was able to fire up my Arduino and run a sonic distance measuring demo. Thanks to Smittex for lending me the sonic transducer pair for the experiment.

pyrodogg
Site Admin

Postby pyrodogg » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:37 pm

Yea, it was a pretty fun first night.

Next week I'll finally be soldering together my Ice Tube Clock kit from Adafruit

Return to “Meetups”