Ok, lots of things came together last night. David stopped over and we figured out the gear ratios and looked at the parts we both had.
- Motor found 36 volt 2000 rpm 500 watt electric scooter motor.(specs http://www.monsterscooterparts.com/36vo500wamow.html
- looking for a couple more 12v 18ah batteries to get up to 36 volt and have a backup pack
- we are going to stretch the frame to make it a little easier to drive.
- looking into chain drive instead of belt. dont need a clutch with speed control
- took lots of measurements.
build1.jpg [ 46.01 KiB | Viewed 501 times ]
frame length 38"
overall length ~48'
build2.jpg [ 35.51 KiB | Viewed 501 times ]
36 volt 500 watt
11 tooth motor sprocket
?? looking for 65 - 80 tooth #25 chain drive sprocket
build3.jpg [ 38.72 KiB | Viewed 501 times ]
looking at steering linkage and battery placement.