All About Trash Cans

What things would you use at the maker shop?
DanBackslide

All About Trash Cans

Postby DanBackslide » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:30 pm

Hi there. I'm the guy who's volunteered to wrangle the trash cans, and I'd like your help. Here's a few simple rules for using the trash cans:

Wet trash goes in cans with liners! Wet trash is food, nasty rags and paper towels, paint- and grease-soaked cardboard, non-dangerous chemicals, blood and entrails. Basically the non-recyclable stuff.

Recyclables go in blue cans, or cans with no liners! Cans, bottles, cardboard, metal scrap. We have mixed recycling, so there's no need to separate the recyclables.

Empty out full trash cans! Don't let them spill over. Recycle bins are outside next to the dock door, the dumpster is across the parking lot. If you throw anything in the outside bins, make sure the lids are closed when you're done.

Put liners back in the the lined cans! Trash bags are in the lounge bathroom, up on the shelf to the right as you enter.

Thanks for your help!
73 de KC0DZY

karinf22

Re: All About Trash Cans

Postby karinf22 » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:25 pm

I think endtrails might be a biohazard issue. Should we have a separate bin for those?

Orkraider

Re: All About Trash Cans

Postby Orkraider » Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:03 pm

I don't know about biohazard, but I do know that if it's got entrails in it, it's garbage, not trash. Hmmph, the things you learn following the Casey Anthony trial.

Riley
Riley Harrison
facebook.com/rileyharrison

Return to “Uses/Equipment”