Site Logo

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: uptown block party TONIGHT
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:51 pm 

ok, i'm trying to salvage this. we need (2) volunteers to staff the booth from 6-10pm, brochures and business cards are in the shop office (or should be) and ideally a folding table brought there. set up prolly about 530.

this is prolly one of the top 3 yearly marketing events for us as it'll be thousands of folks milling about.

Post subject: Re: uptown block party TONIGHT
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:05 pm 
Global Moderator

I wish you could have given a bit more notice, even Wednesday I could have made time, but the afternoon before is a bit tight for me.

I hope somebody is able to get there, looks like maybe Wammie by the blog post.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:07 pm 

wammie noticed yesterday evening that nothing had been mentioned on it . it had been passed off and had it's ball dropped, but (i believe) we got 2 bodies there. had i known sooner, i'd have asked sooner, but so it goes.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:14 pm 
Global Moderator

Thanks to the Two who were able to go, These types of events are great ways to get people to find out about us.

Booka

Post subject: uptown block party TONIGHT
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:33 am 

Might I suggest an event thread? We can post events as soon as we know about them and things like how many folks we might need. We should also put together a small booth kit. It's summer, and there are no shortage of opportunities to get the word out with all the various events going on.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:54 pm 

Jim and I had a lot of fun meeting people and hanging out with the folks of OutFront MN. Ann, the events coordinator for the Bryant Lake Bowl mentioned that we had set up the giant Operation game last year. In comparison our skin of the dental work organization for this years event was miraculous, but very challenging.

I'm with CGallaty, I believe we can organize this stuff better through the forums. I'd like to suggest an events topic in the main forum list where we can create threads for each upcoming event. I'd be happy to help out again at future events, but we have to make sure that Friday's last minute triage is a bump in the road rather than a sign of things to come. We have the tools, we know how to use them. Let's put them to good and noble use.

Cameron Johnson

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:01 pm 

Heh, silly user, you're already posting to a thread in the 'Meetup' forum. My oversight there.

So, at first glance, I am thinking there must be more stuff on the long range radar of events than we are seeing in this forum topic. Does anyone have anything in the works that does not have a thread in here?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:45 pm 

while we don't have a central place to announce events (other than this sub-board) the email "events@tcmaker.org" goes to our event coordinator who manages our calendar and the like.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:27 am 

NoGUI wrote:
Heh, silly user, you're already posting to a thread in the 'Meetup' forum. My oversight there.

So, at first glance, I am thinking there must be more stuff on the long range radar of events than we are seeing in this forum topic. Does anyone have anything in the works that does not have a thread in here?

I know we did the Red Stag Block Party last year, Is Red Stag still a sponsor? If so / if we are invited it's on July 31st this year, starting to plan now would not be a bad idea. About 5 of us went last year, it was a good time, but hot, and loud.

Pete

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:40 am 

yes, we are planning on being at the red stag and bastille day block parties. we have a 10'x10' booth at both iirc.