Expected General Members Meeting

Topics generally related to Twin Cities Maker activities
metis

Re: Expected General Members Meeting

Postby metis » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:15 pm

again, the issue with delegating it that there is personal member info contained, which has been requested to not be released. i was hoping to do a BIG numbers report, but it's looking like it'll be more of just a here's the results, and the core %s out of it for easy viewing. the more i have to keep explaining the same reasons why it's not out yet, the longer it takes.

idris_arslanian

Postby idris_arslanian » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:52 pm

I would be willing to parse the data and assemble a report. It's kind of my bag, baby.

jwb

Postby jwb » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:53 pm

I volunteered a month ago but was turned down.
///////// John B

Orkraider

Postby Orkraider » Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:10 pm

I would volunteer to print out the raw dump, and go over member info with a big fat black sharpie.

I bet that would suffice at this point.

But, it sure sounds like it's just about done.
Riley Harrison
facebook.com/rileyharrison

jwb

Postby jwb » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:09 pm

OK Metis, yet another week has gone by. Will you either send out the results or pass them on to someone else?
///////// John B

cgallaty

Postby cgallaty » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:28 pm

Release early, release often. Delete the columns that contain any personal info (name, address and the like) and post the raw data. If folks want the data before the report is done, let them parse it for themselves. All parties are happy.

As someone that has release survey software for a fortune 500 company I can attest to the fact that compiling the results is a bitch. The questions asked where a bit free form (as opposed to an easy roll up multiple choice.) As such, there is little one can really do to 'roll up' the results. Drop the data and we can go from there.

As a side note. I know there are polls on the board. It would be nice to get a clean policy for putting smaller things up to a poll. I see the basic findings (which may be vague) from the first pass being formated into more actionable polls votes. I mean if 80% of the members want a wood shop and 10% want metal (just an example) that should influence the amount of space and effort devoted to wood, etc. Would nice to be able to get a clean percentage on things.

I would also put in my token plug for ranked choice voting on things where there are limited resources.
"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
-- Hubert H. Humphrey

metis

Postby metis » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:23 pm

things being reviewed by another person to make sure i didn't miss anything big, should be up in time for the meeting!

jwb

Postby jwb » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:54 am

Yes, thanks to Dave Toews for taking over this project. Next time, let's deputize him right away!
///////// John B

idris_arslanian

Postby idris_arslanian » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:52 pm

I didn't actually do anything (yet), just proofread. Will try to get some graphs on it, but we should probably get it out for the mtg regardless.

wammie
Site Admin

Postby wammie » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:56 pm

cgallaty wrote:As a side note. I know there are polls on the board. It would be nice to get a clean policy for putting smaller things up to a poll.
Currently the policy is don't post a poll, since the PHPBB3 software for that isn't working, albeit from experience several months ago now.

Return to “General Discussion”