Site Logo

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: St Louis Park?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:05 am 

It's not TOO central, but it does have something going for it...

I'm thinking of one of the three open shopfronts in the same strip mall as Ax-man.

Pretty close to 169/62/100, and right on the #17 bus line.

Just throwing it out there- given the current economic climate I doubt we need to jump on those spots today to secure them. If it's a year or more before we're actively searching for a space to be, we'll still likely be able to lock one of those spots in, and having Ax-man two doors down would be a VERY nice thing.

Post subject: Re: St Louis Park?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:20 am 
Global Moderator

I was thinking that as well, there are also various store fronts on the diagonal section of Lake street between Wooddale/Dakota and Hwy 7 and some other older industrial buildings in that area, not sure if anything is vacant. Some of the store fronts seem to change pretty frequently.

That's really close to my house though so I was waiting for somebody else to bring it up. :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:47 am 

AND MicroCenter's just a jog away, not to mention good food (Trader Joe's, Fishman's, etc.) Yeah, there are some advantages.

Strip-mall storefront boxes in a residential neighborhood aren't exactly ideal for "Maker space", though. They're small (not great for big projects), and making lots of noise wouldn't be OK. It couldn't be used for circuit-bent band practice, doing fire sculpture, or Jamie Want Big Boom. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:53 am 
Global Moderator

If Bikemasters would ever give up trying to sell scooters and comfort bikes or whatever it is they're doing over there, that would be a good spot.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:05 pm 

Speaking of Bikemasters, I noticed a bit ago that they just put up a sign about leasing office / warehouse space.

I don't have the number on me, but I can get it. I live a few blocks away.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:40 pm 
Site Admin

mercutiojb wrote:
Speaking of Bikemasters, I noticed a bit ago that they just put up a sign about leasing office / warehouse space.

I don't have the number on me, but I can get it. I live a few blocks away.
Thanks, let us know what you're able to find out.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:28 pm 

Ok, I'm certainly no expert, so if anyone wants to call the guy with questions please feel free at 952-583-2965.

Basically, it sounds like the entire building that currently houses Bikemasters is available. So much so, that Bikemasters will leave if the space is needed.

He said he has space from 1,000 to 18,000 sq ft.

From what he told me, the seemingly most suitable space would be part or all of an open 6000sqft space on the north side. It is, at present, totally open. It currently includes it's own entrance, garage door, 2 bathrooms, and signage (where the current bikemasters sign is).

The entire space is available for $5000 per month + gas & electric. However, it sounds like he's willing to deal for any part of the space as well, and I don't think anyone at all is in there at the moment

Another area is (I believe) the 'back warehouse' of the 6000sqft space, which is roughly 1500-1800sqft, with a garage type force air heater, I didn't have a price on that, though.

There is also plenty of office space available, but I figured the open area would be more suitable?

Anyway, it really seems like he's willing to deal, especially with a solid tenant. Could be a good opportunity?