Site Logo

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Mini Faire 2012
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:31 pm 

As some of you know I had previously threatened volunteered to run this coming one. I also told everyone that there would be lots of planning.

So in that light the Third Annual Minne Maker Faire is tentatively scheduled for Saturday April 14th from Noon to Six PM.

I plan on sending out a heads up to all previous participants in October and formally put out the call for participation in January. I am leaning towards giving past participants favorable treatment, then members and finally new participants.

Jepson/Shaw has already indicated their willingness to allow us to use their space next to the buildings for outdoor display. I would like to set up mainly outdoors with some stuff in the space. But mainly leaving the space setup for demonstrations and tours.

Starting this early will allow me to approach the other businesses in the complex for (parking/display space) and just possibly tours o their facilities.

Comment away

Post subject: Re: Mini Faire 2012
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:03 pm 

Thanks for the early planning. Much appreciated. Plan to have something this year, I just couldn't pull together a working prototype last time.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:24 pm 

Rock on, Jude.

I'm in.

If possible, I'd like a table for bows and mini siege engines.

And chocolate covered puppies. maybe.

Riley

Post subject: Mini Faire 2012
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:17 am 

I'll probably be buried in tax preparation. ;)

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=44.934362,-93.466530

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:55 am 

Just a new note to keep this in mind.

As April 14th is way way in the future these updates will be infrequent for a bit.
The guys at Lake Country Classics seem to be interested and willing to give us some space and depending on what is in the shop perhaps opening it up if we can provide some bodies for security.

Just in our own footprint we can support up to 20 8'X8' outdoor displays.

Think about some real showoff display projects of your own. We want to show the range of possibilities. I'm targeting my Wooden Clock project for the Faire.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:59 am 

Time marches on.

While April 14th is a long way away. It wont remain so.

All these periodic refreshes expect to do is keep that in the back of your mind for now.

What I'd like people to think about this time is are there any winter projects you are planning that you'd want to debut at the Faire.

I'm still planning to have my big clock done for it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:38 pm 

I would like to hear more about your big clock.

Is it the case that you said it was going to be all wood?

I'm fascinated and captivated by wood machinery, and think this will be a wicked cool build.

I expect to have a big bucket of bows of all different kinds done by then, and am hoping that I'll have enough moxy to go for a vendor table, rather than just a display.

I'm also planning on having the Foshaybuchet rebuilt by that point, and want to have the full size floating arm trebuchet mark II done by then, and plan on shooting both of them at great length, with much enthusiasm and likely little skill.

I'm hoping to put the finishing touches on a skin on frame kayak over the winter, and might want to show that as well.

I have more in mind, but I'd like to focus on getting some stuff done, rather than everything started.

Ooooh, and I'm starting to draw parts for a model of some possible components of the pedal powered fire breathing dragon. I hope we have some of that done by then.

Riley

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:02 pm 

I am just back from Maker Faire NY. The University of St. Thomas had a booth there with squishy circuits. After walking away from the booth it struck me that they might be interested in setting up a booth at TC Makers Mini Faire 2012.

I thought this would be a good place to dump their info in case TC Maker wants to invite them to Mini Faire 2012.

http://courseweb.stthomas.edu/apthomas/SquishyCircuits

The booth was set up primarily as a kids activity. There were a lot of kids checking it out when I saw them in NY.

Scorch

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:44 am 

annemarie has previously expressed interest in participating here, iirc last year there was a schedule issue.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:09 pm 

Finally the initial Heads up/Thank you notes are going out to outside past participants are going out.

I will be giving these people a priority in all planning. They helped us when we needed them.

Who else should get any special invites?