Site Logo

It is currently Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: HF Space re-organization - we got more storage
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:40 pm 

All,

As you may know I'm a bit obsessed with getting our crap up off the floor at the Hack Factory and making better use of the vertical space. I got the board to approve some funding and just "won" 4 5' long x 3' deep x 10' tall shelves / pallet racking for the space. We need to collect it on Thursday, so I thought since we tend to have a good group of folks around on Weds Night, it might be a good time to do some prep work to clear out some space to setup the new shelving.

My opinion, and only my opinion
It would be an excellent storage unit for a lot of the wood we have left. being 3' deep I think we could put a health portion of the wood in front to back, which would make it easier to access.

Location wise I'm thinking where wood etc is currently piled on the floor near the router and planer would be a good spot for one or two of them. I'm unclear if we are still allowed to use the space under the block windows (between the entrance and the dock door) if so that would be a lovely space for a few shelves as well.

At a minimum I'd like to have a plan so when the shelves arrive we can set them up and not have to move them again.

If you have time to help dismantle / move / reassemble things on Thursday, that would be great. Not sure on timing yet, Brad has offered his truck and time to help, but I don't know his availability yet.

My Dream
.... is that this will kick off a push to get ready for Maker Faire so we can present a nice an organized HF to the Maker community.

Thanks

Pete

Post subject: Re: HF Space re-organization - we got more storage
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 5:54 pm 

I hope this doesn't burst your bubble, Pete..

You know those random piles of wood that were piled near the planer and the other thing?

They're not piled there any more.

I came in yesterday, and sorted through all that wood. All the stuff that looked good I put with the rest of the tasty looking wood on the first set of big metal shelves we got.

The stuff that I looked at and thought "s'crap" is now tucked in the corner near the garage door, surrounded by the pallets it was piled on.

The good news is, that pile will be easier to sort through (or toss.. once you all look at what's left in the random pile, you might just agree)

When's maker faire?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:10 pm 

Riley, that's great news,

Brad says anytime from 10 AM on.
I just reserved 10:15 - 10:30 AM.

So where will you be. I need to take my kids to school, and am in Saint Paul at about 8:30 and can pick you up at 9:30 or 9:40 to head down.

Brad, we'll meet you at the auction site at 10:15.

150 West 60th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55419

It's just west of 35W.

Pete

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:30 am 

thursday morning, I will be at my inlaws in highland, rather than at my crib in downtown saint paul.

Their address is 1833 rome.

It's on the nw corner of Fairview and rome, rome is about 4 blocks south of ford parkway.

phone here is 651-489-9247

I'll hopefully see you tomorrow night too.

cheers, Ii can't wait