All kinds of toys, storage, consumables on auction

Post here for selling, buying, or trading local goods and services
otto_pjm

Re: All kinds of toys, storage, consumables on auction

Postby otto_pjm » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:38 pm

Booka wrote:Very cool, let me know what time works for you.

I will pull my tool box out of the truck and be ready to go when you are.

I need to setup an appointment with them to pick-up. I'm thinking about early afternoon on Tuesday. I'll get a specific time tomorrow. I'll bring my van too, I bought a small cart for our house as well, it and maybe the cabinet or stairs should fit in the Van.

Pete

metis

Postby metis » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:57 am

otto, booka, can i get in on the tues pickup fun? i need to get a digital drafting table from SE down to the shop and a file cabinet from SE to me in NE.

oak, it depends on the person. if someone buys something intending to use it in the space, that's their prerogative, and they can choose to leave it on load to tcm, or donate it. if it's a donation, and they want tax writeoff, they need to request a receipt. some folks have just said, heck we need xyz in the space and i can afford it, others have requested certain purchases be taken off their dues which requires board approval (typically an ok from the president) in general that's been based on approved event expenses (defer reimbursement to dues) or significant gifts that are needed. donations for dues are not tax deductible. (i think i need to write up a manual for all this. sigh) as i explained in another thread today, class income is split with the instructor, and that often is donated directly, or used for dues. (not always)

Orkraider

Postby Orkraider » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:53 am

that makes perfect sense, and well explained, at that. thanks!
Riley Harrison
facebook.com/rileyharrison

otto_pjm

Postby otto_pjm » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:21 pm

OK

The pickup time is set with the Auction folks for 11:15 at:
1325 Quincy Street NE
Minneapolis, MN 55413

Brad if that won't work let me know ASAP.

Also on Monday Michael and Bill are wanting to organize picking up some massive MDF boards. If you are available on Monday morning it sounds, we can work on both pick runs. The MDF will take a few loads and requires 4 people.

I think we will start a post to organize the Monday pickups, but plan on Monday morning.

Pete

Return to “Local Classifieds”