Site Logo

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Maker-tastic garage sale
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:04 pm 

As some of you may know (and some of you may even care) I'll be blasting out of spaceport Minneapolis bound for planet SparkFun at the end of this month.

My garage is a disaster. There is VERY little actual garbage in there (I've thrown most of it away) but what there is there is of very little value to anybody who doesn't want to get their hands dirty- power supplies, scavenged electronics, a bit of lumber, disused dysfunctional hard drives and optical disc drives.

Next weekend (that is, the weekend after Father's Day) we'll be having a garage sale. There may be a few items with price tags but by and large it'll be "pay-what-you-like" (call it an economics experiment coupled with laziness- I believe most people will feel guilty not paying at least something for what they take [based on a number of studies I've read about]).

There will also be some electronic components- ICs, capacitors, all kinds of stuff. I think there's a couple of PLCs in the pile, some fairly decent programmable motors and motor controllers, and a lot of other stuff.

I'd like to use this as an opportunity to raise SOME funds to help pay for this move, as well as a way to clear out some of this stuff in a way that isn't garbage or piling it up at the Hack Factory to be thrown away by somebody else later.

At any rate, it's probably going to be a Thursday-Friday-Saturday affair. Most of the "good stuff" will probably last until Saturday as I don't expect many bargain shoppers to be into that.

Post subject: Re: Maker-tastic garage sale
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:04 pm 
Site Admin

OMG you're going to Sparkfun !?!?!!?!?

/nerdgasm :oops:

I'll be moving to Mpls that weekend so perhaps I'll have time to stop by on Saturday.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:21 am 

UPDATE:

The sale will be Saturday and Sunday.

Google map: 4437 2nd Ave S

It'll be in the alley but I'll leave the side gate open and we'll put up some signs or streamers or something.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:51 am 

Update to the update:

I'll be having a TCM invitation-only presale on Friday night at 7pm. Anyone reading this message can consider themselves invited.