Auction heads up, hevay duty steel tables, nice carts, etc

Post here for selling, buying, or trading local goods and services
otto_pjm

Auction heads up, hevay duty steel tables, nice carts, etc

Postby otto_pjm » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:53 am

All,

I'm not saying that we need anything, I'm still on a new storage capacity high myself, but thought I would mention this, as I know we have lost some welding table capacity.

The auction linked below has some extremely nice shop made, benches, tables etc. They seemed to like heavy duty and big. (10' + long steel tables, work tables with 1 1/2" thick tops, 2"or 3" tube steel construction for lots of things, many of the tables are on casters.)

Anyway, I thought I'd throw it out there as they look well made. I'm a registered bidder, and could bid on stuff if someone wants to fund something, registering is also very easy. The prices prior to the actual day of the sale may not be indicative of interest, (had my eye on a $7 box of motors that sold for $370 a few days later)

Pete

http://www.hoffhilk.net/cgi-bin/mnlist. ... S-AND-MORE

metis

Re: Auction heads up, hevay duty steel tables, nice carts, e

Postby metis » Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:40 pm

imho the flammables cabinet is a bigger need than a table or more storage.

otto_pjm

Postby otto_pjm » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:32 pm

We've all got our opinions, I guess who ever is buying gets to determine the priority. Just putting it out there as I heard there might be a need.

Pete

metis

Postby metis » Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:20 pm

flammables cabinet is a solid need. as in it helps keep us safe. a table is a want.

otto_pjm

Postby otto_pjm » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:27 pm

My point is that if a member wants table, a forklift, a ping pong table, for the HF, and they are buying it, it doesn't really matter what you believe to be more important, if they want to buy x they will. Similarly if it's important to you, you can raise funds and buy it.

As they say talk is cheap.

Pete

metis

Postby metis » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:03 am

entirely, however we've put a hold of sorts on random stuff showing up w/o a plan of sorts because of the fiasco the wood caused, and a general lack of room. folks can buy anything they want, but it's gotta make sense in the space.

we do *need* a flammables cabinet as a group. it's a difficult argument to make that we need more tables. better tables would be nice.

as a side note i actually feel human again, the laryngitis bug really decked me for the last 10 days.

Return to “Local Classifieds”