Site Logo

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: Hack Factory Facility Updates and Questions
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:36 pm 

Figured I'd check in. First off, thanks for the hospitality. Been spending time bringing over another table for the metal shop, some tools to donate and another gmaw w/c25 box. Also brought over an SMAW welder but need 220v (the receptacle is plugged into the plug on the welder). Swept & organized the welding area and got to work on a couple projects last week. Brought in a quench bucket, table vice, anvil.

As wammie posted, brought over a sofa. Might be able to make it downstairs around the corner vertically if we the door to broadband is open...

Loving this community--helped haul the operation game over to bastille day with Michael & met Dave there. Big hit with the crowd.

Ran into Josh & he said the door was ajar. If it's allowed to shut on its own, it won't close all the way. Might need to post a note on the door to check that it's shut.

Anyhow, looking forward to meeting others here. Thanks for the opportunity to be a part of the community. I may have a couple other welder types who might have an interest in membership. Will advise.

Peace,

Pete aka Pedro aka sparkhut

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:51 pm 
Site Admin

Sparkhut, thanks for the heads up on the door. I'm going over to the H.F. right now, BTW.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:14 pm 
Site Admin

I spent a couple hours at the Hack Factory this evening and did the following:
  • Downloaded and installed Ubuntu system updates on the three PCs
  • Installed Sketch for Arduino 0018 on the classroom PC
  • Installed some mpeg drivers on the classroom PC
  • Installed Flash 10 on the classroom PC
  • Tested and adjusted audio functioning on the classroom PC (left a donated working headset plugged in to it as well)
As I was leaving to go home for dinner, Joshua stopped by to pick up his bike and we talked for a bit.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:53 pm 
Site Admin

Anybody want to do a video, I am curious what the place looks like these days.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:48 pm 
Site Admin

Last Wednesday: I updated Ubuntu on the three PCs. Also, Itsy and I had a discussion about the CNC machine situation. We considered the two X/Y actuator assemblies on the floor near the big CNC machine from Mike. It seems we might get one or both of those up and running as a CNC machine quicker than the big one, considering there is a lot of electronics on the big one and that may take some time to troubleshoot if not in perfect working order. We found specs for the stepper motors on those guys and there's no doubt we could whip up some driver circuitry. Itsy has a lot of experience with Legos and we also talked about using Lego Mindstorms stuff for CNC machines.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:01 pm 

Dropped off a donation. Don't know if it's something you all want, but if not, can e-cycle it. Sun SparcStation 5 w/monitor, kb, mouse and some other misc. stuff. It's on the wagon by the meeting room. Also bringing in metal stock. Some stainless, salvage & found objects. Some avail for anyone, some I'd like to reserve. So pls ask. Thanks!

(ps-i prolly owe some soda $$ so i'll kick in soon)

sparkhut

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:06 pm 
Site Admin

sparkhut wrote:
Dropped off a donation. Don't know if it's something you all want, but if not, can e-cycle it. Sun SparcStation 5 w/monitor, kb, mouse and some other misc. stuff. It's on the wagon by the meeting room. Also bringing in metal stock. Some stainless, salvage & found objects. Some avail for anyone, some I'd like to reserve. So pls ask. Thanks!

(ps-i prolly owe some soda $$ so i'll kick in soon)

sparkhut
Awesomeness! Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:15 pm 

FYI

Been welding & hooking ac to a fused power strip but have been tripping it. Went direct to the outlet today and blew the circuit breaker. Called Dave & I was able to get back to the breaker panels. Found a blown breaker, reset it, but apparently not the one I blew. Anyhow, couldn't find it. It's the one affecting the outlet on the outside office wall & inside office lights (where the fridges are).

If someone posts where it is, I'm happy to reset later tonight. Otherwise, Dave said he'd swing by tomorrow.

We might want to bump up the amps on an outlet by the weld area as even though the GMAW machines are 110v, they draw pretty hard even at low volt settings. Maybe when we could do it when we add a 220v circuit for SMAW (hint hint, ha ha)?

sparkhut

cc: weld forum

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:36 pm 
Site Admin

I tried resetting several of the breakers this evening too and still the office lights are out. :cry:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:04 am 

there's another breaker box by the routers in the closet in the basement room by the bathroom. i didn't want to screw anything up so i didn't check those for the tripped breaker...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 21  Next