Mrebersv (Matt), again we at TC Maker are very glad you have found our organization and are open to a merging of our interests. A VERY BIG THANKS!!! go out to you and MN Hack Factory members from me personally and on behalf of all of us at TC Maker!mrebersv wrote:Random facts about the Hack Factory of Minnesota, Inc. (official name with the secretary of state's office):
* We are filed (and approved) as a legal corporation in the state of Minnesota.
* We have *not* yet filed for NFP status with the IRS (we have plans to do so).
* We are going to be leasing the space that's being toured on Saturday (11:00AM...be there!)
* We are very open to the idea of merging the MN Hack Factory group into the TC Makers Group (didn't know you guys existed when we started)
* We have a small set of members who are 100% in, and more members who are in either when the space has become a reality or when the price is down around the $50-60 range
* The workspace is meant to be a hangout/metalworking/welding/woodworking/auto shop (no auto painting). As I understand it, you guys were looking for the same.
I'd be happy to answer any more questions about us or the space.
wammie wrote:Mrebersv (Matt), again we at TC Maker are very glad you have found our organization and are open to a merging of our interests. A VERY BIG THANKS!!! go out to you and MN Hack Factory members from me personally and on behalf of all of us at TC Maker!
wammie wrote:In case you or others haven't seen my recent post, perhaps the space itself might be open to a name other than "TC Maker" or "Minnesota Hack Factory" if we are to remain as two groups, though "Minnesota Hack Factory" isn't half bad. If MN Hack Factory is highly favored by your group though, and since you've done the legwork to find a space, I'm sure those of us in TC Maker would happily defer to your preference. We can discuss this tomorrow at or after the tour.
Yes, that's right! I've seen plenty of mumbo jumbo relating to tax or legal matters saying something like "...shall be known as 'ABC Company, Inc.', or otherwise referred to as 'The Best Company,' etc., etc." We can even amend bank accounts to accommodate both names.mrebersv wrote:...the Secretary of State currently knows us as Hack Factory of Minnesota, Inc. An official name in no way needs to be the same as how the group identifies itself or the corresponding space...
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests