Re: Windows and micro-controllers

Postby paulsobczak » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:13 pm

yea, I'll post a video tomorrow.

paulsobczak
Site Admin

Postby paulsobczak » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:42 am

http://www.vimeo.com/8108815

Sorry things have been crazy out here we are energizing our substation. 145 wind turbines will soon be up and running.

Hope that video helps explain things.

noise
Global Moderator

Postby noise » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:03 am

paulsobczak wrote:http://www.vimeo.com/8108815

Sorry things have been crazy out here we are energizing our substation. 145 wind turbines will soon be up and running.

Hope that video helps explain things.

The video is private, can't see it.
Make it happen.

paulsobczak
Site Admin

Postby paulsobczak » Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:30 pm

fixed

DanBackslide

Postby DanBackslide » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:54 pm

paulsobczak wrote:I want turn a MS-20 midi controller into a closer realization of the real thing. I purchased one about a year ago and never use it because it needs to be plugged in to a computer and running windows, there was a mac version but it wasn't Universal Binary that may have changed....

Korg's website says the latest version of the Mac driver is 1.0.7, and is a universal binary. (That's assuming I've got the right MS-20 picked out...)
http://www.korg.com/SupportResults.aspx?productid=542
73 de KC0DZY

Judeling

Postby Judeling » Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:30 am

If I understand you, you wish to replace keyboard and mouse actions with some knobs and switches.

Unless your knobs and switches already have an program interface you will have to construct one. At that point converting it to a socket server to interface with AutoHotkey or other macro scripting program is fairly easy. (You can use your remote control to control most of them).

That assumes one way communication. In your case if you require two way communication (the knobs on the controller keyboard change the state of the knobs on your extension box) you'll need to incorporate a usb sniffer.

metis

Postby metis » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:38 am

so you're trying to do something like this ( http://synhouse.com/MS-20-Notes/MS-20-Notes.html )?

any midi soft can probably accomplish what you want off a serial cable or off a midi cable depending on how you want to play with it. just connect the switches or pots to the cable in appropriate fashion, and use the midi softs outs to drive the ms20

noise
Global Moderator

Postby noise » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:36 am

Nope, he is using the MS-20 midi controller to drive the Korg simulation software on the netbook.

He wants to hide the netbook in the midi console and be able to start up the netbook and launch the sim. software via controls on the controller.
Make it happen.

metis

Postby metis » Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:07 pm

got it.

coundn't the triggers sent by the midi still be used runnign midi soft on the netbook?

paulsobczak
Site Admin

Postby paulsobczak » Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:25 pm

metis wrote:got it.

coundn't the triggers sent by the midi still be used runnign midi soft on the netbook?

Yes and this is what I would like to do but in order to map a midi note to a specific event "turn on Audio input" you need to click on it with the mouse. There is nothing internally programed in the MS-20 program that will map Midi data to that event.

Further it would be pretty neat to throw an 8 or 16 step sequencer on the top of the MS-20 and have it control the machine.

Return to “General Discussion”