Any welders here? Custom bike

Topics generally related to Twin Cities Maker activities
Obi-Bob

Re: Any welders here? Custom bike

Postby Obi-Bob » Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:27 am

jtbarclay wrote:
Obi-Bob wrote:Not sure how advanced a job it would be. Doesn't seem like it'd be real tough, but I haven't touched a torch or welding rods in a loooooong time. And that was just for a portion of sculpture class, it wasn't the main subject, so I wouldn't have considered myself an expert by a long shot, even when I sorta knew what to do.

Thanks for the link!

My friend doesn't have a welder, and doesn't want to invest in one, and I don't think he has the time to learn how to become a competent welder, so he'd just as soon farm it out.

And now I'm remembering that group I met at the Powderhorn Art Festival.... They met those of you who were at the Make Day at the Science Museum. I don't remember their name now.... I've got their card... somewhere. I think one of their people is an instructor at MCAD, and she specializes in welding. They're planning on having welding and metal work classes, but I don't think (using the term loosely) until sometime early next year. They're based on south Chicago and 30 or 40 something. Wonder where I put that card.

chicago fire arts?

That sounds about right! If not, something pretty durn close.

Return to “General Discussion”