Goodie boxes from O'Reilly

Topics generally related to Twin Cities Maker activities
uptownmaker

Goodie boxes from O'Reilly

Postby uptownmaker » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:38 pm

Sherry at O'Reilly was good to her word- I received a pair of big fat goodie boxes from her on Thursday. Contents listed below:
-12 copies (each) of issues 18 and 19 of Make (I snagged one of the vol. 19 ones since I still haven't received mine :-P)(I'll replace it with my copy whenever it finally shows up)
-6 copies of Best of Make
-6 copies of Best of Instructables
-18 "Builders, Doers, Makers of things" T-shirts (12 L, 6 XL)
-6 "If you can't open it, you don't own it" hoodies (4 XL, 2 L)
-2 box sets of Make: 4th year

So, we need to figure out how to disburse these items. My thoughts are that they could either be registration gifts for those who pay the entry fee for the October event (I believe we had decided that the costume contest and clothesline race would have an entry fee, if a small one) OR as prizes for that event. I am, as always, open to other suggestions, but as far as I'm concerned, "throw open the box and catch as catch can" is NOT one of them.

wammie
Site Admin

Re: Goodie boxes from O'Reilly

Postby wammie » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:08 am

Mike, wasn't this part of the incentive for us to help develop a "Do Your Own Maker Faire" type of package? I am *VERY* interested in helping on that! I'd like to help with documentation and graphics or whatever.

uptownmaker

Re: Goodie boxes from O'Reilly

Postby uptownmaker » Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:50 am

It's a group development thing- something to spur interest, get people involved, and get them to buy Make.

That's why I'm thinking using it as a bribe to get people to come ("First ten paid participants...blah blah blah") to an event might be a good thing.

Or "Next ten paid memberships" or something. We could disburse some of this stuff to the 23 people who have already paid for their memberships, and then use the remainder to get people to buy in.

Return to “General Discussion”