southeast minneapolis learning carnival saturday- HALP!

Topics generally related to Twin Cities Maker activities
Orkraider

southeast minneapolis learning carnival saturday- HALP!

Postby Orkraider » Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:28 pm

This saturday, we're going to be taking part in the second annual Southeast Minneapolis Learning Carnival.

Information about the event: http://semcol.org/learningcarnival/

The event takes place from 1 to 4 pm, at Van Cleve Park.

I'm looking for 2 things:

1. So far, I haven't been able to persuade anyone else from the Hack Factory to participate.

Part of this is due to the fact that our quarterly cleanup is taking place the same day. I had commited to this event a year ago, and will be there, rather than at the cleanup.

I'm still looking for anyone from the Hack Factory who wants to come, either to keep me company, help out with outreach, or if anyone has any ideas for fun, interesting, engaging, kid friendly activities that they could run.

2. I need help getting the Foshaybuchet from the Hack Factory, to Van Cleve Park, and back again.

My plan is to leave the Hack Factory at about noon on saturday, and leave the event at 4 pm when it wraps up.

If you're interested in helping with transport, outreach, or anything else, let me know.

Riley
Riley Harrison
facebook.com/rileyharrison

Thorpedo

Re: southeast minneapolis learning carnival saturday- HALP!

Postby Thorpedo » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:44 am

I could probably help with this. Would we have a table? Maybe we could bring the laser cutter and/or Makerbot Thing-O-Matic if there was room and we would have access to electricity.
Do you have transportation for the Foshaybuchet, if so I could help you load and unload it.
-Doug

Return to “General Discussion”