Site Logo

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Tech Tool Box
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:43 pm 

So, losing my trunk for a bit has been a bit traumatizing on the tech front. I use my car as my mobile office. As I gear up to restock the new car, I'm looking for a better way to store everything. Thinking I need a tech toolbox of sorts. Things like storage for cables, blank media, basics like multimeter, electrical tape, etc. I can go out and look for a stock tool box for this, but before the quest I figured I'd ask.

Does any one have a storage solution they use for the trunk that's more organized than a bunch of milk crates. Ideally it would be nice if it was somewhat out of the way so that I could still use the trunk now and again. I would prolly want to keep it removable as there are times that I may want the space (and as I just learned, built in is likely not the hottest plan either)

Thoughts, systems you've used? Boxes you've been drooling on, but have not picked up yet?

Post subject: Re: Tech Tool Box
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:14 pm 

a number of friends in pro audio have cases like the following that they store in their trunks. a little heavy to haul out, but easy to move once out, things don't bounce, and the handles make it easier to put back in.

http://www.canyonwestcases.com/sources/ ... Cases.html

I always got along with a milk crate with a plastic liner (cintra or something similar) that went up the sides a few inches and a briefcase style tool box or three as someone else was bringing the big bucket of gear (rigging tools case, dewalt driver, ele tools case, etc etc)