Site Logo

It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Going to Burning Man? Need a 17' moving van?
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:55 am 

I have a moving van for sale that I drove here from California. It wants to go back, at least as far as Black Rock City. Here's the deal: The van is in very good condition in every way but one. It runs like a top, it has good tires and brakes, the body is near perfect, it has a translucent roof over the cargo area and a lockable doorway between it and the cab. It was originally a Ryder truck and then a trash hauler before I bought it. It is 17' long and has a cab-over compartment. It has a pull-out ramp and a roll-up back door (or whatever you call that thing that rolls up). It has about 230,000 miles on a Ford E350 engine. (Ryder is well-known for keeping their trucks in good running order.) It has a brand new alternator and a brand new battery.

So, what is the one bad thing? Just recently it started to have trouble shifting into third. After driving it for a few miles the problem goes away but there is clearly a transmission issue that would need fixing before driving it across country. Fix that and you have a perfect vehicle for getting your project and crew to BM. I was hoping to get $3,000 before the transmission thing happened but now maybe $2,000 is more like it.

I am attaching some photos.

Attachments:
IMG_4175.jpg
IMG_4175.jpg [ 118.96 KiB | Viewed 446 times ]
IMG_4177.jpg
IMG_4177.jpg [ 133.13 KiB | Viewed 446 times ]
IMG_4174.jpg
IMG_4174.jpg [ 123.14 KiB | Viewed 446 times ]

Post subject: Re: Going to Burning Man? Need a 17' moving van?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:10 am 

Ok, maybe $2000 was too much. I am dropping it to $1500 and I am also going to post on Craigslist now. It really is a great truck other than the transmission problem.