April Maker Challenge!!!!

Topics generally related to Twin Cities Maker activities
idris_arslanian

Re: April Maker Challenge!!!!

Postby idris_arslanian » Tue Apr 07, 2009 6:22 am

Good Lord, JTB, did they have any extra? I burned out my two fans (I guess I shouldn't have gone w/ the cheapest possible). Did you end up constructing that setup that I posted the layout for?

uptownmaker

Postby uptownmaker » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:36 pm

You guys suck (for being able to do this when I have to sit out).

When I have time, this weekend, I'll launch a projects blog and start up with the ideas I've had. I wish I could be posting them now- I'm so envious of the fun you're having.

idris_arslanian

Postby idris_arslanian » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:39 pm

Posted for today, it's the beer boxes that I've never gotten around to building...

http://idrisarslanian.livejournal.com/4311.html

jwb

Postby jwb » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:50 pm

///////// John B

jtbarclay

Postby jtbarclay » Tue Apr 07, 2009 3:37 pm

idris_arslanian wrote:Good Lord, JTB, did they have any extra? I burned out my two fans (I guess I shouldn't have gone w/ the cheapest possible). Did you end up constructing that setup that I posted the layout for?

Nope that was the only one they had. I think my setup is slightly different. Its like I said in the write-up it was the power supply from a burned out laser and the lm317 is set up to regulate current not volts. So I think it's slightly different.

Nicholas Lee

Postby Nicholas Lee » Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:10 pm

yeh. my #6 is up. i HAVE been limiting myself to things i can realistically pull off. might have to take the kidgloves off soon. (because i cannot realistically pull off a lot of things)

mine tend to go up right before midnight.
i should probably look in to that.

also am considering a sketchaday theme - but i believe i might run out of time for that later.

maybe next month we could have an "accomplish at least one #aprilmakerchallenge a week". reasonable?

idris_arslanian

Postby idris_arslanian » Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:24 am

8 is up! http://idrisarslanian.livejournal.com/4539.html

I too, am trying to keep the ideas to doable or nearly doable ideas that I could accomplish within a week or two. If my May wasn't so busy (wife doing new job, both kid's b-days, planting garden), I'd further the challenge by doing a project a week, posting daily progress.

idris_arslanian

Postby idris_arslanian » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:36 am

uptownmaker

Postby uptownmaker » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:35 pm

Late to the party, as always.

Note the addition of a new blog below. I'll do my damnedest to put up a new project every day- I have more than a few queued up, and in fact, I'll have to go into May.

jtbarclay

Postby jtbarclay » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:14 pm

Are improvements to previous projects allowed? I hope so cause I already did the case for my crazy fan, and now I'm about to add one or maybe 2 1F 5.5v caps to yesterdays picaxe controlled zipzap car.

If I figure out what the current draw is at full speed, is there a way to calculate how long this thing will run on a fully charged 1f cap? Full speed is also way too fast for what I want to do with it anyways, so if I pwm control the speed I'm guessing the run time should increase?

Return to “General Discussion”