Site Logo

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Podcast idea
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:36 pm 

I had no idea how fun that would be! I would gladly do it again just for the fun factor. I apologize for any heavy breathing into the mic!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:37 pm 

I did a lot of editing, I love multitrack recordings... so much can be done in post.

I was able to get rid of background noise by muting mic's when the occupant wasn't talking which helped alot.

If anyone has a mic stand can they bring it wed? we could use at least one more.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:05 am 

Not a mic stand, but a lab stand and clamp is in the classroom on the soldering station bench that could be used. I can bring more if needed.

Post subject: Podcast idea
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:53 am 

If I get up to my storage building I can bring two Ultimate Support mic stands in. The can be left at the HF for in-house use.

Will do my best.

Jeff

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=44.969378,-93.508682

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:57 pm 

I've got a stand and mic I haven't used in a while. I'll bring it in wed. Decent mic with 1/8 plug.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:37 pm 

I have 4 mics and I believe there is both a SM57 and SM58 at the shop all with XLR connectors, and the 'New DI'(Thanks EBay) has 8 XLR Ports, so I think we will be good there.

I wish I knew where my 5th mic went :x , It went MIA on me a while back(not HF related)

It wasn't expensive, but damn it, I did own one more. :lol:

I'm also debating if I should bring God Mode efx box, I had it last week to use as a Mic Preamp since the DI I used last week only had 2. However one of the mics I have is designed to be used with it, there's a little button on the side that can be used to turn effects on and off. So the mic user can control the effect.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:48 pm 

Comments:

* Looks like its already in the works, but Adam's mic was the most obvious thing glitch.
* Karen, given the core audience, heavy breathing will likely only increase the listeners.
* ID3v3+ handles all the fun meta info needed for the podcast. The real thing is getting an RSS feed up (could be just a hand edited file for now)
* Not to sound like a prude (but I will) the number of references to alcohol made it sound more like a frat house than a Maker Space... that may have been what you were going for. Chatting about beer you *made*, prolly a good thing, frequent references to being drunk or stopping to get more beer is prolly TMI for the listener.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:55 pm 

Also this -> http://geekspeak.org/ <- is the podcast that I mentioned before. The format is rather clean. At the start they introduce the host and the guests (which varies each week) and then then all take turns bringing up stories. The chat about each one until its stale and then the host moves things along to the next topic.

Another thing is that the announcements are best if they are gone through once or twice before hand so they flow. You want to get through them quick, and then there is time to go back and discuss events if needed (or they just drag on) The stories/news and the banter are the content folks listen to, the announcements are a public service. It would also help if there was a blog for the podcast and any topics and the like are just linked there. Then you just stress the blog (giving that url) and don't try and read off links or the like, just say its on the blog.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:49 pm 

Soo if you haven't heard I putt out an all call to other hackerspaces. I want to set up a round robin type of podcast. I plan on doing a skype conference call with other hackerspaces (hopefully) this tuesday around 9pm. Has anyone set up a mulit-video confrence call with other hackerspaces? If I try to do it with skype does everyone need premium or does only one person?

Happyk

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:45 pm 
Site Admin

I haven't heard of any efforts on video conferencing. I know that hackerspaces.org organizes a monthly(?) phone based call-in. I don't think we have anyone representing us on there regularly.