Site Logo

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Recording & Publishing events
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:20 am 

Hey guys,
I'd like to get y'alls thoughts about video recording certain events at TCM like talks, classes, workshops, etc. The goal I have in mind is to encourage inter-hackerspace collaboration. The reason I'm bringing this up is because the Dallas Makerspace (DMS) is fiddling with the idea of having a lock pick night and might appreciate a little assistance to get started. Likewise, I've asked them to record and publish some of their talks and presentations. Here's one part in a three part series of "... discussion on wireless links" that was recorded and uploaded by request: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zo3u-O-CWl4&feature=player_embedded. By the way, DPRG (Dallas Personal Robotics Group) was the "parent" of DMS; it's something like the history of TC Maker & Hack Factory, but they are separate entities.

So, what do you think? I'll head up the leg work, but could use a couple of volunteers... Would people mind if I start recording the locksport night and other "featured" events? Does TCM or anyone else have an HD video camera I can use for these things?

Also, check out their other videos on the DPRGclips youtube channel. There's some pretty good presentations on PCB design & fabrication, and microcontroller programming as well as their tutorials at http://www.dprg.org/tutorials/index.html.

-b

Post subject: Re: Recording & Publishing events
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:22 pm 

I already sort of started doing this, with the end goal of getting a show together for public access cable TV. Unfortunately, the real world is interfering to a greater than normal extent lately. I'm happy to help in any way I can, though. I don't know about an HD camera, but if you ask Scott nicely, you can probably make use of a Canon GL-1 SD DV camera. I have a lavaliere microphone to use with it, and also a stock of new mini-DV tapes.

Post subject: Re: Recording & Publishing events
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:18 pm 

Awesome! We really don't need a 1080p can to start out with; anything better than webcam resolution would suffice, but HD would put the icing on the cake.

Also, is there anyone doing telepresence?