Makerbot Tutorial

Topics generally related to Twin Cities Maker activities
Happyk

Makerbot Tutorial

Postby Happyk » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:25 pm

Soo I spent some time writing a tutorial on the makerbot. http://www.tcmaker.org/wiki/doku.php?id ... t_tutorial

I would like some feed back on it. Even if you have no interest in running please read it for grammar reasons. (yes I'm tired and if this doesn't make sense to you then it probably doesn't make sense in the first place.

happyk
"insert something witty here"

pyrodogg
Site Admin

Re: Makerbot Tutorial

Postby pyrodogg » Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:20 pm

Looking great.

I've never used the makerbot but reading through it I think I've got a very basic idea of how to use it.

I also went ahead and threw in some headings and expanded some of your 'mb' shorthand into 'makerbot'.

Booka
Global Moderator

Postby Booka » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:52 pm

While on the subject, there has been a couple of times when people have asked if we have a dedicated PC for the maker bot. Now some of you have a laptop, just plug in and go, but not everybody does.

Last Wednesday we picked on a Dell (I think) that had once had the software installed, plus a couple other things, but found that it had been re-purposed at some point.

I know we are working on the classroom PC's, but the makerbot should have a dedicated PC, and a image of that system should be taken to bring it back up to working in short notice.

The key to all of this is maybe setting aside a dedicated table, bench, workstation for the Makerbot. Where is the space planning panel at as far as allocating space?

wammie
Site Admin

Postby wammie » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:56 am

When I have some time I'll look over the tutorial for grammar, spelling, and such. August looks to be pretty busy for me though and I might not get to it until September.

Return to “General Discussion”